Bloody Sunday: Soldier F faces murder charges

Yes something did trigger the shooting, though they were wrong to fire at those that they did fire at.
As one of our friends on here says ‘put yourself in their position’ they were being stoned and bottled, rubber bullets had failed to disperse the crowd.the soldiers left the barricades to make arrests and heard shots, they then opened fire. Incorrectly opened fire yes, but to charge this man for murder is wrong it wasn’t premeditated and planned. He is being used as a sacrificial lamb, those higher up need to be prosecuted.
This was not a peaceful march it was in fact illegal but that does not justify the killings.
Later we were issued the ‘yellow card’ this gave us our ROE and were strictly enforced, sometimes at the cost of soldiers lives.
Pre-meditated murderous intent was definitely the modus operandi of the terrorist in NI. They also had no qualms with blowing up innocent civilians.

You cannot justify someone's actions by what the other side did, that doesn't just white wash away what happened. Just because he was a soldier doesn't make him exempt, if was acting on what he was ordered to do I really don't see the problem do you? Because if he is he will be cleared end of matter.

I notice that you haven't responded to my post.

Please just answer whether you think that it's right that terrorist murderers were set free and some promised they wouldn't face prosecution yet a similar policy shouldn't apply to former members of HM Forces.

No wish to at all but my post is factual and i dont see why you take such umbrage at me stating those facts?
Because you are trying to use your minimal experience to justify your (incorrect) opinion.....if your weren't using it for that, you had no reason to tell us.

If you (quite rightly) want servicemen to be treated in thr same way as terrorists they too should face the consequences of their actions...be charged, punished and if applicable be exonerated under the terms of the GFA.
It cant be ignored because they were "following orders"

I notice that you haven't responded to my post.

Please just answer whether you think that it's right that terrorist murderers were set free and some promised they wouldn't face prosecution yet a similar policy shouldn't apply to former members of HM Forces.
Ill jump in....those disgusting horrible terrorists were firstly caught, charged and then punished.....that punishment is temporarily suspended until they commit another crime....as agreed by over 60% of this country.

Those guilty of murder, from within the British Army should be subject to the same rulings....not forgotten aboout, dismissed or indeed praised...but punished for what they did.

This was 1972...arguably this incident was the start of the troubles...much of the hatred your dad may have heard was as a result of bloody sunday.
Innocent people were murdered by the british troops brought in to protect them.....from then on, they were no longer welcome.

This was not the result of a campaign of violence towards the paras/army....their actions started it.

Well, that's news to me that Irish Republicanism terrorism only started in 1972.

Ill jump in....those disgusting horrible terrorists were firstly caught, charged and then punished.....that punishment is temporarily suspended until they commit another crime....as agreed by over 60% of this country.

Those guilty of murder, from within the British Army should be subject to the same rulings....not forgotten aboout, dismissed or indeed praised...but punished for what they did.

What of the 187 letters 'sent' to terrorists, some of whom never faced justice in the first place, informing them that they could return home without facing the risk of prosecution?

The desire for people to defend the actions of people, proven by a 12 year inquiry really shocks me.

A multimillion pound inquiry has shown their actions to be entirely unlawful.

Accept the consequences

Because you are trying to use your minimal experience to justify your (incorrect) opinion.....if your weren't using it for that, you had no reason to tell us.

If you (quite rightly) want servicemen to be treated in thr same way as terrorists they too should face the consequences of their actions...be charged, punished and if applicable be exonerated under the terms of the GFA.
It cant be ignored because they were "following orders"
Sorry to be a pedant, but opinion can't be incorrect. Opinions may differ, but they are essentially a viewpoint, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

What of the 187 letters 'sent' to terrorists, some of whom never faced justice in the first place, informing them that they could return home without facing the risk of prosecution?
Those letters were disgusting and wrong and the idea of the british government....they were not part of the GFA.

The desire for people to defend the actions of people, proven by a 12 year inquiry really shocks me.

A multimillion pound inquiry has shown their actions to be entirely unlawful.

Accept the consequences

The vast majority of people are questioning why different standards seem to be being applied.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.