Blue Alliance name dropped and what happens next

Why Always Ste said:
Liam is/was just one member of BA though bud... I've seen many lads often with BA at matches wearing clothing I've often associated with Hooliganism.

One thing we agree on though, TBA got behind the team and are/were great.
I'd rather have them there than not there.

bit daft this. how can you have clothes associated with hooliganism?

some ba lads were in the pub drinking beer ... hooligans on the pitch v spurs in 1993 had also been drinking ... ba must have been trying to copy guvnors in 1993 ... let's move on shall we

wearethesouthstand said:
Why Always Ste said:
Liam is/was just one member of BA though bud... I've seen many lads often with BA at matches wearing clothing I've often associated with Hooliganism.

some ba lads were in the pub drinking beer ... hooligans on the pitch v spurs in 1993 had also been drinking ... ba must have been trying to copy guvnors in 1993 ... let's move on shall we

as i and a couple of other posters have said the type of clothes you wear has always been associated to hooliganism. In the 80s especially. Usually hooligans all wear the same type of clothes and a certain brand.

Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
wearethesouthstand said:
Why Always Ste said:

as i and a couple of other posters have said the type of clothes you wear has always been associated to hooliganism. In the 80s especially. Usually hooligans all wear the same type of clothes and a certain brand.

it's a sweeping generalisation. were you actually around in the 80s going to games ? you can have tracky bottoms on and have a fight with someone. just as in the last 60s utd fans went to games dressed in bowler hats and in suits and kicked off in London pubs as the police didn't look for them dressed in those clothes

to buy a stone island jumper or a aquascutum or whatever its called coat is one thing. that's wearing designer clothes. if that was all it took to be a hooligan, the police would have closed kendals down ! having a certain attitude to go with that to go and want to carry out acts of hooliganism is completely another. just like all blokes with skinheads who have bought a Hackett shirt aren't all members of combat 18.

wearethesouthstand said:
Why Always Ste said:

how can you have clothes associated with hooliganism?

The same way you have Hugo Boss now associated with City players, or Richard Mille watches associated with Mancini (maybe not anymore)

Advertising agencies have always latched brands onto people.
A large portion of funding for example Movies comes from Brands (cars, cigarettes, gun companies, and of course Clothing companies) and these companies like to project a certain image to associate with their brand.

With Clothing, certain clothing companies excessively whored the Hooligan films (and contributed to the films funding) and used their brands for the power of association which is very effective in marketing, as seen after the movies came out - a huge increase in the sheep wearing these brands at the football and on the street.

I might add - I have been one of these sheep and have found myself often close to buying clothes whilst thinking of the image this would project and linking it to scenes from Movies, or parts of a Music Video...

Football is so powerful for advertising agencies, they whore it (especially when promoting music artists) and as you are probably more than aware - promoting Beer.

wearethesouthstand said:
Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
wearethesouthstand said:

it's a sweeping generalisation. were you actually around in the 80s going to games ? you can have tracky bottoms on and have a fight with someone. just as in the last 60s utd fans went to games dressed in bowler hats and in suits and kicked off in London pubs as the police didn't look for them dressed in those clothes

to buy a stone island jumper or a aquascutum or whatever its called coat is one thing. that's wearing designer clothes. if that was all it took to be a hooligan, the police would have closed kendals down ! having a certain attitude to go with that to go and want to carry out acts of hooliganism is completely another. just like all blokes with skinheads who have bought a Hackett shirt aren't all members of combat 18.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casual_(subculture) expensive designer clothing. Hooligans especially then wore certain types of clothes. Its not a sweeping generalisation. Maybe in todays game it might be a generalisation, but throughout the past 30 years what you wear has helped to define hooligans

btw im not saying everyone who wears deigner clothers is a hooligan :) just that it had a part to play

Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
wearethesouthstand said:
Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casual_(subculture) expensive designer clothing.

blue alliance aren't casuals. they were individuals who wore what they want.

also if you care to read any of the books on that era mickey francis rodney rhoden, sully, they weren't going round wearing £300 coats - in the 80s they just got stuck in.

vital dress would be a sunglasses and a cap to avoid detection and in later years balaclavas and ski masks were used.

what some danny dyer wannabe casual thinks and does somewhere in London ie lets wear a certain make and stand at the back of a crowd whilst other people are actually fighting- don't see any link whatsoever with the blue alliance, good set of lads, no convictions, no arrests, and who choose to wear whatever they want, replica shirt, jeans, ralph lauren whatever. ba lads never followed anyone's lead just did their own thing, always

wearethesouthstand said:
Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
wearethesouthstand said:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casual_(subculture) expensive designer clothing.

blue alliance aren't casuals. they were individuals who wore what they want.

also if you care to read any of the books on that era mickey francis rodney rhoden, sully, they weren't going round wearing £300 coats - in the 80s they just got stuck in.

vital dress would be a sunglasses and a cap to avoid detection and in later years balaclavas and ski masks were used.

what some danny dyer wannabe casual thinks and does somewhere in London ie lets wear a certain make and stand at the back of a crowd whilst other people are actually fighting- don't see any link whatsoever with the blue alliance, good set of lads, no convictions, no arrests, and who choose to wear whatever they want, replica shirt, jeans, ralph lauren whatever. ba lads never followed anyone's lead just did their own thing, always

i never mentioned the BA once or was linking them to any kind of violence, just saying fashion was a part of hooliganism

Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
wearethesouthstand said:
Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casual_(subculture) expensive designer clothing. Hooligans especially then wore certain types of clothes. Its not a sweeping generalisation. Maybe in todays game it might be a generalisation, but throughout the past 30 years what you wear has helped to define hooligans

btw im not saying everyone who wears deigner clothers is a hooligan :) just that it had a part to play

what defines a hooligan is their attitude to life, respect or lack or respect for other people / other human beings, their upbringing, family circumstances, lack of father figures, peer pressure, tempremant , lack of discipline and what actual acts of hooliganism they get caught up in...not what colour undies or socks they have on

wearethesouthstand said:
Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
wearethesouthstand said:

what defines a hooligan is their attitude to life, respect or lack or respect for other people / other human beings, their upbringing, family circumstances, lack of father figures, peer pressure, tempremant , lack of discipline and what actual acts of hooliganism they get caught up in...not what colour undies or socks they have on

I know that. hooligans did wear a type of clothing though that is all I mentioning. I think this is going a bit off topic now :)

Songs for jesus are in order.......

I do wish people would read my posts properly.

I was stating what "hooligans" tend to wear these days. I was not saying that everyone who wears that style is a hooligan.

TBA did manage to "acquire" some young followers that thought that TBA were/are a "firm". These were the ones causing the upset etc. If you want me to name names I will (and suffer the wrath of Ric).

Good job you lot aren't up for jury service any time soon...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.