Blue Moon Playlist Review Club - Season 2, Episode 18 - BM Openers - Out on blue 6 (pg 353)

I got picked up when hitchiking by Brian Jones, and he offered me a job.

I remember you mentioning that on your quality blags playlist, albeit your phone has autocorrected Johnson I think, and I meant to ask at the time but forgot...did you actually manage to get all the way to Morocco just hitching rides?

Wonder if young people still do that sort of thing these days or has it died out, can't remember the last time I saw someone hitchhiking.

Last edited:
I remember you mentioning that on your quality blags playlist, albeit your phone has autocorrected Johnson I think, and I meant to ask at the time but forgot...did you actually manage to get all the way to Morocco just hitching rides?

Wonder if young people still do that sort of thing these days or has it died out, can't remember the last time I saw someone hitchhiking.
I did spires. Got down to Gibraltar but got locked up (that's another story) for 2 days. Went to Cadiz and dossed on quayside before getting a ferry across to Morocco.
Also met David Essex and travelled in his roller but only from Radcliffe to Bolton...

For my final selection, I'll go with one that's always been a good reminder to me of moderation.

I listened to this album through the pandemic when most every day was a reason to drink. How he made it through that time given his past is still impressive to me.

"It Gets Easier" - Jason Isbell and the 400 Unit

For my final selection, I'll go with one that's always been a good reminder to me of moderation.

I listened to this album through the pandemic when most every day was a reason to drink. How he made it through that time given his past is still impressive to me.

"It Gets Easier" - Jason Isbell and the 400 Unit
Excellent choice, I was hoping you’d choose this, I had a few of Jason’s songs on my list but I’ll probably finish with something more light hearted.

I did too and I discovered I could work from home during the pandemic so thankfully
my drinking habit’s didn’t alter, although I imagine for many they did.

I admire all recovering alcoholics, I dated one for a year or so.I just hope he manages to get through his divorce ok.

i’m due to see him in Manchester in Novembre, I can’t wait, my favourite Artist of the decade.

Excellent choice, I was hoping you’d choose this, I had a few of Jason’s songs on my list but I’ll probably finish with something more light hearted.
Yeah, I didn't want to snipe from you, but you've got more than a few swings of the bat at this point, and this was my last one. ;-)

I was always going to end on something more sobering, but I struggled to find another one that hits me like this.
I admire all recovering alcoholics, I dated one for a year or so.
Same. It can't be easy at all, especially in certain occupations with odd hours and lots of travel involved (such as his).
I just hope he manages to get through his divorce ok.
I will admit to being a bit concerned as well. Hearing Amanda harmonize in the 2nd verse about the cuffs and his his daughter make me sad for the band that once was when she was a part of that. Fingers crossed for Jason.
i’m due to see him in Manchester in Novembre, I can’t wait, my favourite Artist of the decade.
He'll be in my area in late September, so I'll let you know how it goes! ;-) Seeing him for the first time was my first concert post-pandemic too in an outside stadium.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.