Blue Moon Playlist Review Club - Season 2 - Episode 19 - Dynamic Duos - Coatigan (pg 368)

With the introduction of streaming apps and sites, I’ve shifted to creating playlists, and searching for and discovering, or hearing by chance, good songs more than I have albums.

I suppose it’s how music originally started out as an industry off the back of songs rather than albums.

You can find a far greater variety of music from looking for songs than you can albums as many bands don’t produce good albums but many bands can kick out a few great songs. As someone who doesn’t like just one kind of music, individual songs can provide a quicker way to access more varieties of music.

I have an Instagram account where I post a 5-song playlist every Friday. I’ve not got many followers but if it gets a couple of people listening to alternative music then it’s done it’s job.

Should be a good thread this.

Last edited by a moderator:
A further suggestion, unless only available on Youtube, can we avoid pasting in 5 youtube links. Simply write the 5 songs out in a post. Might just be me, but I find pages and pages of youtube videos tedious.
It’s possible to share a Spotify or Apple Music playlist. I have a load of them from the previous time we did something like this
The poster could just post the playlist with review.

Can somebody do an idiot's guide for posting a Spotify playlist on to Blue Moon.
I don’t have Spotify but I presume there’s a ‘…’ line somewhere on the page you’re on where you can copy the link for the page (sometimes shown as a paper aeroplane icon on some sites) and you can just copy+paste the link and post it on here.

Disagree. The videos are there and all we have to do is click and play, not have to keep going in and out of youtube trying to find it and end up listening to live versions or some twat singing it in their bedroom
TBF sometimes the YT videos that get posted here aren't available in the US for some reason, and vice versa I think. Anyhow, I've no preferences to format -- I think a written list is fine, and I can hunt them down on Spotify or YT easily. It's only five songs.

I definitely agree with this - it's a right p.i.t.a.

I specifically didn't mention a mechanism of how we'd so the playlists, but this is definitely a good option for those on Spotify.
Even if you are not a subscriber you can still play the playlist posted if it is linked to here.
It might play on shuffle rather than the order posted but that’s not such a big deal for circa songs or 40 minutes of music.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.