Blue Moon Playlist Review Club - Season 2 - Episode 24 - RobMCFC – Primary and Secondary Colours (pg 412)

Wow, that was quite the search. I got the one off of Lightweights & Gentlemen & Live, a 2003 album but had the live version buried near the bottom.

The crowd was being pretty respectful and quiet that night, wouldn't have guessed 'live' unless the tag was on the track. (but we could hear you at the end) ;-)
The effort is appreciated. Think the remastering took some of the crowd away, at the start at least.

Now that OB1 has tilted the edge a little north and we need some balance from the Great Southern Land I shall go with a song that Aussie diehards know only to well.

Because I Love You ( original version 1971 ) The Masters Apprentices.

Was going to put Bill ex of The Coral in the associated list but had put a couple of extras on anyway. From his new album from a couple of months ago Iechyd Da. Some very strong new albums already this year but this one will stay with me all year.
I know loss but I found love

Bill Ryder-Jones - Thankfully For Anthony

On a sidenote I'm assuming this isn't about the rag deviant of the same name. Probably be then be called Thankfully For Anthony he has a good lawyer

Last edited:
In the late 80s, I remember hearing an interview with the late Smithereens singer Pat Dinizio. He was talking about a track from their album 11 and how he wrote it about Buddy Holly's widow. Amazingly she is still alive even now.
Anyway, I think it manages to pull off the neat trick of being both touching and catchy at the same time, which is why I picked it.

"Maria Elena" - The Smithereens

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.