Blue Moon Playlist Review Club - Season 2 - Episode 24 - RobMCFC – Primary and Secondary Colours (pg 412)

Listening to this playlist, makes me think of two things, and drawn to put them on to keep the mood going. In tone, not so much genre. Justin Currie (specifically the solo stuff), and Sunhouse. The second one is interesting if my memory is right, in that I think the same poster put it forward on the other thread.

Yes your correct, I did nominate Sunhouse , I love my melancholy.
I also get the Justin Currie solo comparison,he’s another artist I like.
As you pointed out my reasoning for just 5 songs was to keep it short and to be
different from the Album thread.Hopefully we all get to hear some artists we’ve not heard before and if we like them we can always investigate them further.

Yes your correct, I did nominate Sunhouse , I love my melancholy.
I also get the Justin Currie solo comparison,he’s another artist I like.
As you pointed out my reasoning for just 5 songs was to keep it short and to be
different from the Album thread.Hopefully we all get to hear some artists we’ve not heard before and if we like them we can always investigate them further.

I'll likely look more into the Westies and Rod Picott from this bunch. The others I feel are enough for me as part of the playlist. Based on the one song in it at least. None I have heard of before though.

As it steered me to Currie for a bit, amazed how the song No, Surrender (with the comma) hasn't aged a day, literally every line still stands a good decade and a half later, and still gives me a bit of a shudder.

I'll likely look more into the Westies and Rod Picott from this bunch. The others I feel are enough for me as part of the playlist. Based on the one song in it at least. None I have heard of before though.

As it steered me to Currie for a bit, amazed how the song No, Surrender (with the comma) hasn't aged a day, literally every line still stands a good decade and a half later, and still gives me a bit of a shudder.
I should probably give Justin Currie a go - I loved Del Amitri's albums (Waking Hours, Change Everything and Twisted) and saw them live at the Apollo in 1992, but have never listened to his solo work.

I should probably give Justin Currie a go - I loved Del Amitri's albums (Waking Hours, Change Everything and Twisted) and saw them live at the Apollo in 1992, but have never listened to his solo work.

Maybe you should ;). Overall, not as good as the band imo. But there are big one-offs. It is very dour. Some really works, some less so, and being in the right mood is a big part of it.

The Westies only released 2 albums , take a look at Michael McDermott solo stuff.
ive not heard ‘No Suurender ‘ for years I’ll give it a listen.

The Westies only released 2 albums , take a look at Michael McDermott solo stuff.
ive not heard ‘No Suurender ‘ for years I’ll give it a listen.
I’ve had this on a fair bit in the background already. It’s easy listening, but I have to be honest, nothing has really stood out for me or made me want to look for more.

Some of it is the country side of middle of the road and just doesn’t stir the juices., for me.

When it went onto random after the playlist something else by Rod Picott came on which was better than any of the list however.

I’ve had this on a fair bit in the background already. It’s easy listening, but I have to be honest, nothing has really stood out for me or made me want to look for more.

Some of it is the country side of middle of the road and just doesn’t stir the juices., for me.

When it went onto random after the playlist something else by Rod Picott came on which was better than any of the list however.
A bit like that for me, the first four tracks very easy listening (in a good way) and I have since put Spotify top tracks on for both Neal Casal and Rod Picott. Sort of as I expected I liked some but not all of what came up, the better moments of both put me in mind to listen to Israel Nash, I think they inhabit the same general musical landscape but Nash has the much more memorable tunes and delivery.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.