Blue Moon Playlist Review Club - Season 2 - Episode 24 - RobMCFC – Primary and Secondary Colours (pg 412)

That’s the main reason I kept it to just 5 tracks making it a kind of sampler, rather
than a whole album to reviewed in depth .

Imo, it works well. Feels less of a commitment, a more relaxed thing to dip in and out of, and doesnt compete with the album at hand. Still has enough to fill a bit of time and evoke a reaction.

Well, thanks to @Mancitydoogle for the playlist, I enjoyed it. I also enjoyed listening to his longer 40-song playlist as well!

It's been a slow start - 17 people have signed up to make a playlist, yet only 4 or 5 passed comment on this one.
I know there are weeks when it's not as easy to listen and sometimes real life takes over, but come on guys - one of the aims was to get everybody listening to each other's playlists. If that doesn't happen, then it's not really working.

Anyway, it's early doors, so let's see how it plays out.

Next up to give us a playlist is @feelymcfeel, so whenever you're ready, let's have it.

Here is mine.

I don't want to try to provide a breakdown of the songs individually as I don't think I'd be able to given the theme, which is 'Songs That Take Me Away.'

You know how sometimes you listen to a song, or piece of music, or even short passage in a song, and it just washes over you and completely takes you away from it all? You sway, and are completely absorbed in the music, and you've no idea why? It just captures you completely. These are some that do it for me. Certainly not all of every song (one is 20 minutes so that would be a tough ask), but enough to make me come back to these over and over again.

See what you think - there's some variety genre-wise - and it would be interesting to know which parts you think I mean (I can post the specific period later if anyone is interested.

Last edited:
Well, thanks to @Mancitydoogle for the playlist, I enjoyed it. I also enjoyed listening to his longer 40-song playlist as well!

It's been a slow start - 17 people have signed up to make a playlist, yet only 4 or 5 passed comment on this one.
I know there are weeks when it's not as easy to listen and sometimes real life takes over, but come on guys - one of the aims was to get everybody listening to each other's playlists. If that doesn't happen, then it's not really working.

Anyway, it's early doors, so let's see how it plays out.

Next up to give us a playlist is @feelymcfeel, so whenever you're ready, let's have it.
Great wee playlist that I really enjoyed.
I let the playlist run after the first listen and you get similar artists as well playing.
Great start for the playlist which I would have used a lot more if the Roy Harper pick was not as good as it was.

Here is mine.

I don't want to try to provide a breakdown of the songs individually as I don't think I'd be able to given the theme, which is 'Songs That Take Me Away.'

You know how sometimes you listen to a song, or piece of music, or even short passage in a song, and it just washes over you and completely takes you away from it all? You sway, and are completely absorbed in the music, and you've no idea why? It just captures you completely. These are some that do it for me. Certainly not all of every song (one is 20 minutes so that would be a tough ask), but enough to make me come back to these over and over again.

See what you think - there's some variety genre-wise - and it would be interesting to know which parts you think I mean (I can post the specific period later if anyone is interested.

Thanks, Nick. I'm going to get stuck into this once I've finished Roy Harper off (That sounds like I've got him locked up in the basement!)

First listen. Very nice.
Listening with the missus, so had to skip track 4. Wasn’t going down well.
I’ll come back to that myself.

Some decent rock and acoustic interrupted by bouts of shouty old rubbish!
I see what you mean.
I don’t really get that stuff at all.
Even the rock elements of bands like this always seem contrived and over complicated to me. Having said that, there are some very nice elements in this 20 minute piece. Don’t get me wrong, I’m quite partial to a bit of mixing up styles, on an album and as you’ll find out with my next album pick, sometimes within songs themselves.
I suppose it depends on the styles, the message and delivery/impact.
I just find with these long pieces I can’t get over the feeling that it’s more about the band going out of their way to say look at us, rather than feeling the music.
Maybe it’s just that, I don’t feel the music. Nick obviously does.
I just hear forced complexity.

The rest of the playlist is a pleasant surprise however.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.