Blue Moon Playlist Review Club - Season 2 - Episode 25 - OB1 – Soundtracks (pg 422)

John Barry / The Persuaders

I can now cross that off my, not very short, shortlist to nominate. You could fill the entire playlist with John Barry music from both big and small screen. My personal favourites this week are All The Time In The World and the motif from You Only Live Twice but that could easily change next week.

@OB1 this is the first theme we've had where I've thought I'd be happy for it to simply continue into a second fortnight, great choice.

Seems s shame not to pick at least one from the glorious array of US TV theme tunes of the 70s and 80s.

"The Rockford Files" - Mike Post & Pete Carpenter

Very true and you've picked a good 'un there.

Maybe I should bin my long list and just go for The Love Boat...set a course for adventure, your mind on a new romance :-) or if the 'lyric' "the plane, the plane" counts as part of the fantasy island theme I might need to go for that.

From my favourite Disney/Pixar animated franchise, and a tear never fails in remembering watching these with my then-kids:

"When She Loved Me" - Sarah McLachlan (from "Toy Story 2")

Great pick. Have always thought the primary purpose of the Toy Story franchise is simply to train up parents to let go.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.