Blue Tuesday with Paul Lake and Ian Cheeseman

NiceN Sleazy said:
Got to be the Blue Blooded captain Mike (the rag hater) Doyle.

Nice to see your still about Lakey

Would love to find some clips of Paul Lake playing the game to show my 14 year old lad.
hi ive got some games with paul on if you get my e mail ill run you a couple of games off al

Hi PAUL

Its Benny (Steve). Glad your well mate. Heard you talking on Talksport last week about footy injuries. You sounded much more articulate than your kid ever did. Guess you definitely got rhe brains. Not bad for a Dentonian. Well done.

Our kid sends hid regards. He had his knackers done yesterday. No more puppies for him!

All our the Benny clan will be tuning into the show. Wish you well pal.

Benny

Good luck with the show Lakey - sure it'll be a good listen.
I'd love to hear from Howard Kendall. City were really onto something when he quit, we had Quinny on fire up front, TC, Hendry, Yourself, Redo at the back Ward and Whitey causing havoc down the wings... You could see he was a great tactician and with some additions I felt we would seriously beat united to winning the league. At the time we were rumoured to be interested in the likes of Ian Wright, Andy Townsend etc... Instead he quit!!!
Reidy got some success with Kendall's team before allowing Sam Ellis to take over! Curle was a decent signing but Reid wasted a lot of money on the likes of Terry Phelan, Alfonse Groendijk, Rick Holden and his 'direct' style of play hindered the development of great youth prospects such as Michael Hughes and Garry Flitcroft.
I would love to know if Kendall ever regretted returning to his 'first love' given hindsight. This is where it started to go wrong for me....

Terry Cooke and Kevin Horlock from the Division 2 days, my two favourites from that time. In fairness Horlock was also a big part of our promotion to the Premier League on two occasions as well. Also, Mark Kennedy whose career seemed to fizzle out, but who was among our best players in the promotion season of 99/00 - I remember him getting two unbelievable goals in the space of a few days - one for City away at Bolton (would love a clip of it from someone) and the other another cracker to win the match for Ireland against Yugoslavia in a Euro 2000 qualifier at Lansdowne Road. Last but not least David White - if Giggs or Beckham had scored some of the goals Whitey scored, we'd still be seeing them today! A great player in his day....

Super Kevin Horlock would be very intriguing a player I always loved to watch was Paolo Wanchope. Him and the Goat were a cracking strikeforce.

Paul Stewart.

Q: which defender did you hate the most and would have happily studded to death?

bluedub said:
Terry Cooke and Kevin Horlock from the Division 2 days, my two favourites from that time. In fairness Horlock was also a big part of our promotion to the Premier League on two occasions as well. Also, Mark Kennedy whose career seemed to fizzle out, but who was among our best players in the promotion season of 99/00 - I remember him getting two unbelievable goals in the space of a few days - one for City away at Bolton (would love a clip of it from someone) and the other another cracker to win the match for Ireland against Yugoslavia in a Euro 2000 qualifier at Lansdowne Road. Last but not least David White - if Giggs or Beckham had scored some of the goals Whitey scored, we'd still be seeing them today! A great player in his day....

Good call on Mark Kennedy, I was expecting great things from him

How about Tony Ward - I bet he's got a story or two to tell.

More seriously, David White, Garry Flitcroft and Niall Quinn would be interesting for me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.