Bluehammer's 'Top 100 Greatest Songs of All Time'

Three Oasis tracks in your top 20? :/

“Live Forever” would possibly be in my top 100 but I have never understood their success. I can think of many superior bands from the sixties, who Oasis have quite clearly ripped off.

Three Oasis tracks in your top 20? :/

“Live Forever” would possibly be in my top 100 but I have never understood their success. I can think of many superior bands from the sixties, who Oasis have quite clearly ripped off.

they also never had the talent of so many other bands and yes they’re guilty of ripping off so much stuff, but that aside - early Oasis and more so their B sides were on a different planet to any band around at that time and since.

Slide Away is a very personal one.

Last edited:
Just counting how many in mine and I have 11. Aretha, Dionne, Percy Sledge, Al Green, the Temptations, Ben e King, Otis, Marvin Gaye, Stevie Wonder. Any serious attempt to reflect the best 100 songs of the last 60 years simply cannot ignore the genre. Also Everly Brothers, Roy Orbison, Dusty, mamas and the papas, Roberta Flack, Don McLean, Carol King, James Taylor, Dolly would all make it into mine. I have enjoyed looking at BH’s favourite 100 songs. There are some crackers. But ‘best’? Always going to be very subjective.
As I said, I see a greatest one hundred and a favourite as two different things. I'm sure I've said much earlier on the this thread that it has the wrong title.

I know a lot of the songs in my personal top 100 wouldn't make it into a proper greatest 100. Even my top 100 is a bit of a fiction in that I only allow a very small number of artists two tracks when in truth I'd have at least 10 Zep songs in my top 100 plus numerous Van Halen tracks, multiple Rush, Who and Rolling Stones tracks etc. However, actually ranking tracks so cleanly is quite impossible: there's loads of songs that I like equally. It's just a game but a fun one.

As I said, I see a greatest one hundred and a favourite as two different things. I'm sure I've said much earlier on the this thread that it has the wrong title.

I know a lot of the songs in my personal top 100 wouldn't make it into a proper greatest 100. Even my top 100 is a bit of a fiction in that I only allow a very small number of artists two tracks when in truth I'd have at least 10 Zep songs in my top 100 plus numerous Van Halen tracks, multiple Rush, Who and Rolling Stones tracks etc. However, actually ranking tracks so cleanly is quite impossible: there's loads of songs that I like equally. It's just a game but a fun one.

Agreed — “greatest” by definition requires a group contribution and consensus I think; “favo(u)rite” requires only one person’s input.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.