Bluemoon Angling Thread

I’ve been restricting myself to short 1-2 hour lure fishing exploratory sessions over the last couple of weeks mainly. I can’t find the big perch any more. I think they’ve migrated from the canals to the rivers because of the low water, and maybe feeding on crays. I’ve had a few pike but nothing to speak of. Last night I had a frustrating little session. I went to the local tench pond and fished a boilie on a lift float, just a short session.

I baited an area with pellets and boilies. Was just about to cast when some geezer comes wandering down the path. Gets chatting then says. “Do you mind if I bait up for the morning?” To which I said no. He only started chucking boilies into my swim. I couldn’t believe it and told him straight. He went off in a huff. Ten minutes later another guy comes wandering down for a chat and starts talking in a big booming voice. I had to tell him too. So I’ve only just started fishing and I’ve had to bollock two noddies for blatant abuse of angling etiquette.

Anyway, an hour and a half or so later and my swim starts bubbling like a jacuzzi. The float was knocking around too. Then my wife rings telling me to come home to do the chips and pick up some lemons etc. I hung on as long As I could, enough to get a little bollocking when I get in, but basically had to pack up with a swim full of feeding fish.

I’m going up a notch to more serious fishing now. I’m going to do a 48 hour carp session midweek this week and then next week it’s barbel time. Tight lines to all anglers out there!
I forgot to say in my post about the outing at Coldingham last week. My second fish was a perch which took the booby like a good un. Now I have had perch before at Coldingham but none bigger than my thumb. This bugger was about 1lb and a half. Excuse my ignorance but is that a good size for a perch?

I forgot to say in my post about the outing at Coldingham last week. My second fish was a perch which took the booby like a good un. Now I have had perch before at Coldingham but none bigger than my thumb. This bugger was about 1lb and a half. Excuse my ignorance but is that a good size for a perch?
Yes, that’s a very nice perch. 2lb is the accepted size for a “specimen”, like a 20lb carp or 10lb barbel, but that’s still a very good one.

I’ve just had an hour in the local marina and had one about half a pound.

Yes, that’s a very nice perch. 2lb is the accepted size for a “specimen”, like a 20lb carp or 10lb barbel, but that’s still a very good one.

I’ve just had an hour in the local marina and had one about half a pound.
Nice one. I will tell the owners they hav3 specimen perch in their loch!

A mate of mine had a crawfish trap out earlier this week, ended up with 7 perch in there too

Been watching this guy for 20 something years now, anyone ever tried carp fishing with a bow?

A mate of mine had a crawfish trap out earlier this week, ended up with 7 perch in there too

Been watching this guy for 20 something years now, anyone ever tried carp fishing with a bow?

ive seen bow fishing,but don't agree with it, think its our culture of catch a release,do they eat them,or just slaughter them for laughs ?

anything bigger than a one stripe is a decent perch,

i once caught a 2.5lb perch,i was doing a bit of carp fishing on the feeder on one of the club lakes, retrieving my 10mm boilie i got hit and there was my PB perch, a fluke i know :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.