Bluemoon Angling Thread

Carp are seen as nuisance fish in the states as they aren't indigenous. If they tried spearing big carp in UK for fun on a lake there'd be bloodshed as it would no doubt anger British carp anglers.
Explains it. Once watched some guys employed by the Spanish river authorities spearing Wels catfish in the Ebro which technically should not be returned if caught.

Explains it. Once watched some guys employed by the Spanish river authorities spearing Wels catfish in the Ebro which technically should not be returned if caught.
I know Spanish authorities don't hold catfish in high esteem as they have gotten fat on eating native species. But foreign anglers flock to the Ebro to catch catfish and this certainly helps local economy which would mostly be devoid of tourists without angling. Catch 22 for Spanish authorities really.

I know Spanish authorities don't hold catfish in high esteem as they have gotten fat on eating native species. But foreign anglers flock to the Ebro to catch catfish and this certainly helps local economy which would mostly be devoid of tourists without angling. Catch 22 for Spanish authorities really.
Bloody things ate all the Tench in a reservoir close to me.

fishing suit,
im after a new fishing suit(jacket,bib n brace outfit) not really into branded stuff ie having names all over me,im more into the practical hardwearing non commercial look,anyone recommend a place to look,

Russian Uniform Gorka 4 looks ok to me,has anyone heard of this or used it and would review it ?

For years I've used Prologic jacket and bib and brace which can be bought for around £90. I fish all winter and I've found it to be just the job. Mine is plain olive green with a tiny logo.

Had a couple of hours wandering the canal with the ultralight lure gear tonight. Lovely calm dusk for it and I did well, having three nice perch, the best which went about 1lb 12oz.

can any of you recommend a good spot for a days relaxing fishing. deffo not somewhere like partridge lakes. Manchester/Cheshire area. Ive not been out fishing for about 18 months now. used to fish at Gawsworth a lot, on the wallpool, so not there. Thanks in advance. Tony.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.