Bluemoon Angling Thread

Went to Dunham fishery today, 2 very small carp, 1 x 6lb carp, 1 x8lb carp, also heared a racket next peg down, thought the bloke had gone in, he had just turned round to sort his brew out and his rod got taken in, I managed to cast over his line and get it in after 10 attempts, and and the fish was still on, so I claimed half : )

Went to Dunham fishery today, 2 very small carp, 1 x 6lb carp, 1 x8lb carp, also heared a racket next peg down, thought the bloke had gone in, he had just turned round to sort his brew out and his rod got taken in, I managed to cast over his line and get it in after 10 attempts, and and the fish was still on, so I claimed half : )
Happens quite regularly when trout fishing. A guy puts the rod down to have a bite to eat with flies still in the water and boom in it goes and gets towed half way round the fishery. It’s always good for some ribbing.

Happens quite regularly when trout fishing. A guy puts the rod down to have a bite to eat with flies still in the water and boom in it goes and gets towed half way round the fishery. It’s always good for some ribbing.
once saw some poor bloke who had lost his top kit,had to get in the boat and follow it around for ages,everyone cheering , i bet he felt a right plonker :)

Best way to get a bite - stick a brew on, light a fag or eat something. Fish are cunts like that.

once saw some poor bloke who had lost his top kit,had to get in the boat and follow it around for ages,everyone cheering , i bet he felt a right plonker :)
True story. At my local fishery the guy that does the guiding lost a hardy rod and reel over the side about a year ago. He was fishing last week, got tangled up on something and reeled in his rod and reel. Bit weedy but not to bad. An hour later, he and the guy that he was guiding are having lunch, the guy he was guiding got up to take in the anchor and his point fly was left hanging over the gunnel about an inch off the surface. Trout took it and the rod which belonged to Robbie the guide. Laugh? We damn near fell in laughing.

True story. At my local fishery the guy that does the guiding lost a hardy rod and reel over the side about a year ago. He was fishing last week, got tangled up on something and reeled in his rod and reel. Bit weedy but not to bad. An hour later, he and the guy that he was guiding are having lunch, the guy he was guiding got up to take in the anchor and his point fly was left hanging over the gunnel about an inch off the surface. Trout took it and the rod which belonged to Robbie the guide. Laugh? We damn near fell in laughing.
Amazing how many strange happenings occur in fishing. I had one this morning. Last time on the lake (big gravel pit) I lost my hooklength after a fish had charged through a weedbed on the previous cast and I had not noticed it had opened up the quick change swivel. First cast this morning and the float buried as soon as it had settled and I caught a little perch with my hooklength from last time hanging out of it's mouth.

Good if you can find it, three nice but small water's. Took the 7 year old grandson there for his first outing, fish are quite accommodating. Watch out for the Argies !!
Struggling to get you a link but there's plenty on the net.

Cheers I know roughly were it is only 10/15 mins from me
The website says generally what fish there is but doesn’t specify what pool has what in it

Cheers I know roughly were it is only 10/15 mins from me
The website says generally what fish there is but doesn’t specify what pool has what in it
I'm sure one of the lads who's there will bring you up to speed, failing that the farmer or his Mrs will give you the info. It's a beautiful place, living in macc you'll know how nice it is around there.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.