Bluemoon Angling Thread

Mentioned on a previous post, I’m pretty much a complete beginner, a friend has given me two rods and reels and tackle. He took me float fishing on an old river and I was pulling out some small roach and perch which I enjoyed. Would people agree that that’s a good way/place to start to learn the trade a bit? Or would anyone recommend different?

I’ll probably be heading out either on my own or with another compete beginner next time so looking for some tips.

Also, I caught 3 eels on the same peg last time I went! My mate said he’d never caught eel so it was surprising. They were a pain in the arse as they kept breaking my hook and I didn’t want to touch them anyway!

Mentioned on a previous post, I’m pretty much a complete beginner, a friend has given me two rods and reels and tackle. He took me float fishing on an old river and I was pulling out some small roach and perch which I enjoyed. Would people agree that that’s a good way/place to start to learn the trade a bit? Or would anyone recommend different?

I’ll probably be heading out either on my own or with another compete beginner next time so looking for some tips.

Also, I caught 3 eels on the same peg last time I went! My mate said he’d never caught eel so it was surprising. They were a pain in the arse as they kept breaking my hook and I didn’t want to touch them anyway!

I think most of us would have started the same way mate. I love float fishing and rarely do anything else. Try to join a local club, members are usually friendly and helpful and local knowledge in anything you do is always good. Always practice good fish care, make sure you can use a disgorger or forceps and if going for anything larger a un hooking mat. Above all though enjoy it. You tube is your friend and any specific advice you need this thread is a goldmine. Some seriously good anglers on here.

Great place to start but river fishing is more difficult than stillwater imo because you have the flow (and eels) to contend with. Crack that and you'll probably always prefer rivers.

Well done mate. Effort=reward. I take it you didn't cheat and just go somewhere that actually has big perch in it? ;-)
I’m afraid I did. I caught this one and a good pike on the Norfolk Broads where I’m on holiday. Hell of a tale to tell too but I’ve only just got in. Having another crack at dawn after checking out of the cottage!

Welcome to
I’m afraid I did. I caught this one and a good pike on the Norfolk Broads where I’m on holiday. Hell of a tale to tell too but I’ve only just got in. Having another crack at dawn after checking out of the cottage!
Erm, sorry but I didn't realise you're into cottaging mate ; )

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.