Bluemoon Angling Thread

Spoke to BMR about starting fishing. Something I’ve always wanted to do but never got round to it. Maybe a bluemoon meet-up on the banks of the river ?

Spoke to BMR about starting fishing. Something I’ve always wanted to do but never got round to it. Maybe a bluemoon meet-up on the banks of the river ?
Not a bad idea mate. Anyone wanting to learn the basics of fishing then I'll gladly give some free time up.
Already said I'll take @Adidas Sharston fishing. I have spare gear, rods reels etc. Maybe organise a meet up with some of the other regular anglers on here to show any of you wanting to try fishing a few basics skills and offer advice buying the right gear at the right price should anyone want to take it up and buy their own kit.

It's not just about catching fish, it being at one with nature and appreciating it. It's also a good way of de-stressing and it's great mind therapy.

There are so many places to fish in and around Manchester. Some waters are fishable on a day ticket, some are free fishing,the only requirement is to hold a valid EA fishing licence.

Like i say, I don't mind teaching people how to fish.

Unexpectedly good day trotting on the River Churnet near Leek.

Plenty of chublets, dace, roach and perch on caster over hemp though my brother caught more on maggot (73 in fact, the sad bugger counts them so that he can enter it in his fishing diary which he's been keeping since 1974)

The bonus was twin perch both exactly 1.5lbs weighed. It seems to me that, even though they are en vogue at the moment there are more good perch than ever about this year. Seen a photo recently of a guy on the Severn with a brace both over 3lbs.

Unexpectedly good day trotting on the River Churnet near Leek.

Plenty of chublets, dace, roach and perch on caster over hemp though my brother caught more on maggot (73 in fact, the sad bugger counts them so that he can enter it in his fishing diary which he's been keeping since 1974)

The bonus was twin perch both exactly 1.5lbs weighed. It seems to me that, even though they are en vogue at the moment there are more good perch than ever about this year. Seen a photo recently of a guy on the Severn with a brace both over 3lbs.

Great stuff, especially the perch. My mate had a 3-10 from The Ribble this week.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.