Bluemoon Angling Thread

My mate has a villa in Lagos and we started on the barragem bravura but gradually moved up country in search of of barbel fishing at places like the Sado at St Margarita de Sado, get on google earth plenty of remote places, and found we were travelling so far it was more time and cost effective to stay in country. The Guardiano is well worth a a trip and my personal favourite is Mertola facing the old town walls.

As regards the Algarve, as you suggest, it's a bit limited. I'm hearing good reports about the Odelouca for barbel but haven't fished it yet. If you get on there, can you let me know how you go on please ?

Yeah will do.
I have heard rumours the best place for Barbel is up near Sao Marcos da Serra which is the feed into the Arade Dam.
I also want to try the river at Odemira which looks beautiful.

Yeah will do.
I have heard rumours the best place for Barbel is up near Sao Marcos da Serra which is the feed into the Arade Dam.
I also want to try the river at Odemira which looks beautiful.

Odemira is great but the fact that it's tidal took us by surprise the first time. Also, on one occasion in the town centre, we were beset by Eastern Europeans who tried to snatch carp from us and were so threatening we packed up and haven't been back since.

Google earth is your friend in all this. My mate spends hours finding more remote stretches far from the madding crowd.

We're planning, in the not too distant future, to bring my mate's 4x4 and best tackle over for a month and do things properly.

whitebeaker.jpg
very good. will tie one up - the beaker killer

I'm going to Greenbooth reservoir 2moro at first light.
Spinning for pike.
Had a couple of 20s last spring.
It holds bigger as I've had them on and seen them turn away from my lures at the last second.
Talking to a fella up there last year and he was saying that he landed a 36 a couple of years ago.

Just back from a week in Rutland and managed a couple of days out on Rutland Water, all 3000 acres of it. It really is an unbelievably good fishery, attracting anglers from all over Europe. Great fishery staff and wonderful boats. Hook a 3lb Rutland Rainbow and it fights as well as anything of equivalent size. The size of the water means that you can spend an hour travelling from the top of the south arm to the top of the north arm so best to plan your day visiting the best hot spots in sequence. Caught fish on a number of different methods, from buzzers under a bung where you are targeting fish 10 feet down to dry flies where you are looking to snare fish feeding in the surface film. Hit it right and it is heaven on earth. Rutland itself is a hidden gem - fantastic countryside, villages and pubs. Stamford worth a visit as well. Was able to take in the game vs Huddersfield on the way back to Scotland as a Brucie bonus.

[URL='http://www.zodiacbooksuk.co.uk/services/a-day-above-rutland/'][/URL]

My oldest lad(30), broke the lower Ebro record couple of weeks ago, first recorded catfish over 200lb, 218lb to be precise, I was further up river on another boat when Lee got it, 45 minute scrap, spooled his reel(those who don't know, means took all line of reel), pulled boat over a mile down river, incredible fish, chuffed to bits for lad, www.ebrocatfishing.com for those who fancy bit of quality time on river

Just back from a week in Rutland and managed a couple of days out on Rutland Water, all 3000 acres of it. It really is an unbelievably good fishery, attracting anglers from all over Europe. Great fishery staff and wonderful boats. Hook a 3lb Rutland Rainbow and it fights as well as anything of equivalent size. The size of the water means that you can spend an hour travelling from the top of the south arm to the top of the north arm so best to plan your day visiting the best hot spots in sequence. Caught fish on a number of different methods, from buzzers under a bung where you are targeting fish 10 feet down to dry flies where you are looking to snare fish feeding in the surface film. Hit it right and it is heaven on earth. Rutland itself is a hidden gem - fantastic countryside, villages and pubs. Stamford worth a visit as well. Was able to take in the game vs Huddersfield on the way back to Scotland as a Brucie bonus.

I remember when Rutland first opened, used to be Empingham reservoir. My Dad worked for the Anglian water authority, I remember going out there and seeing it before it opened. Stamford is a really nice small town

Used to go fishing up Platt Fields lake as a kid in late 70s. Remember once a fella walking by us carrying home half a dozen pathetic looking roach on a on string. Don’t go any longer as the 100 bus doesn’t route via Cornwall so make do with a bit fair weather sea fishing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.