Bluemoon Angling Thread

where abouts in Portugal Newman? I'm down in the Algarve and do a bit in barragems.

We started on the Bravura which is nearest to my mate's villa in Lagos. Over the years though, we have gravitated inland because we like fishing rivers like the Sado at St Margerita, the Mira (?) at Odemiera and, further afield, the Guadiana all over the place.

We found we were travelling so far, it was cheaper to stay up there. So these days, we spend the first night in the villa and then go on tour before returning to the villa for the last night. My mate plans the trips, finding dams on Google earth and then booking gorgeous accomodation close by at vineyards and such like. Odeveilas (?) Is one of our favourites but we've fished most major dams in the interior within 3 hours of Lagos.

This October, we're heading much further North.

We started on the Bravura which is nearest to my mate's villa in Lagos. Over the years though, we have gravitated inland because we like fishing rivers like the Sado at St Margerita, the Mira (?) at Odemiera and, further afield, the Guadiana all over the place.

We found we were travelling so far, it was cheaper to stay up there. So these days, we spend the first night in the villa and then go on tour before returning to the villa for the last night. My mate plans the trips, finding dams on Google earth and then booking gorgeous accomodation close by at vineyards and such like. Odeveilas (?) Is one of our favourites but we've fished most major dams in the interior within 3 hours of Lagos.

This October, we're heading much further North.
Sounds great.
Are there any spots on the lower Guadiana and the Mira you would recommend?

Sounds great.
Are there any spots on the lower Guadiana and the Mira you would recommend?

The Mira we fished from the stands in Odemeira town centre but we got harrassed off Eastern Europeans to give them our carp so haven't been back for a couple of years. I'll find out some options from my mate, he's the "local" and does all the planning.

There's a very good, very expensive (€50 a day) lake on the Algarve with very large carp in it near Portimao. You can actually see the smaller of the two lakes on the site from the main road between Faro and Lagos. It's worth a day if you are ever feeling flush.

The Mira we fished from the stands in Odemeira town centre but we got harrassed off Eastern Europeans to give them our carp so haven't been back for a couple of years. I'll find out some options from my mate, he's the "local" and does all the planning.

There's a very good, very expensive (€50 a day) lake on the Algarve with very large carp in it near Portimao. You can actually see the smaller of the two lakes on the site from the main road between Faro and Lagos. It's worth a day if you are ever feeling flush.
Thanks Newman.
Yeah I've heard about that place, prefer to catch natural fish plus I'm a tight git!!

Got out on the Ribble yesterday for an afternoon session. It was flooded but falling. I went for a one rod, roving approach to try to find the fish. I fished three swims and couldn’t find them. Blank. My barbel results are very poor this year: six sessions for two fish.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.