Bluemoon Angling Thread

The best . Pricey compared to others but worth it. Customer service second to none. Owned by Alan Scotthornes wife .
Don’t know him. I know she is a successful match angler according to the website.
it’s not cheap but for goretex it is less expensive than say Simms or Diawa and they are made to measure which helps those of us with a beer belly :-)

They are the best IMO. I used to use their stuff for match fishing and never once let me down. Good company to deal with as well.
The only issue is the order time. They will do their damndest to fulfil it by early October. Still I suppose that’s the sign of a popular company.

Don’t know him. I know she is a successful match angler according to the website.
it’s not cheap but for goretex it is less expensive than say Simms or Diawa and they are made to measure which helps those of us with a beer belly :-)
Yeah she is a successful match angler and so is he , 5 times ,i think , world champion . Like you say not cheap but quality never is. Worth the wait

Update from yesterday's fishing, I was talking to an older lady I see at the canal, she's there everyday feeding the duck's, she told me about a big fish she sees all the time, showed me where it lived, she didn't know what species but from her description it is a perch, it must of been the perch I just missed the last time, that was big.

Sadly I also bumped into the biggest bullshitter I've ever met whilst fishing, how great he is, the size of the fish he's had, told me i was wasting my time fishing this stretch, no fish, then went on to tell me he has had 40 since January biggest being 20 odd lb from this stretch, how he was going to kill some dogs that live on one of the boats and was going to take an iron bar to their owners, how he was going to batter and throw in the canal two lads who he didn't like for some reason, very aggressive and unpleasant man, it actually unnerved me, don't like violence at all, he was old so no threat to me, but something wasn't right, put me right off my fishing, I ended up going home about an hour later, I go fishing to get away from it all, the canal at Adlington is my favourite place, there's a sense of community with everyone i see on a regular basis, I won't let him put me off, next time I'm going to fuck him off straight away

I hear you brother ! I was out too and the guy near me had his radio on listening to football. FFS, if you really must, why not use earphones? The membership book only had extracts from the rules so I couldn't say if radios are allowed or not. They aren't usually.

Either way, when I'm out fishing, I don't want a bloody argument.

Fishing was not great either, largely because I fished like a wanker and, I suspect, my "magic" home-made groundbait was not magic at all. Mind you the reservoir had gone up 18 inches overnight which can't have helped.

I hear you brother ! I was out too and the guy near me had his radio on listening to football. FFS, if you really must, why not use earphones? The membership book only had extracts from the rules so I couldn't say if radios are allowed or not. They aren't usually.

Either way, when I'm out fishing, I don't want a bloody argument.

Fishing was not great either, largely because I fished like a wanker and, I suspect, my "magic" home-made groundbait was not magic at all. Mind you the reservoir had gone up 18 inches overnight which can't have helped.
I had a cracking session on Monday. fish a chuck decent skimmers and roach. Rounded it off by kicking the 7 &8 sections of my pole into the fucking lake while packing up in the dark. Went down the next day with a weed rake and hope, but it's about 10 ft in the margins zero visibility and it went in like a torpedo so could be anywhere. Just haemorrhaged the credit xard to replace the sections :-(

I had a cracking session on Monday. fish a chuck decent skimmers and roach. Rounded it off by kicking the 7 &8 sections of my pole into the fucking lake while packing up in the dark. Went down the next day with a weed rake and hope, but it's about 10 ft in the margins zero visibility and it went in like a torpedo so could be anywhere. Just haemorrhaged the credit xard to replace the sections :-(

Ouch !!

Bloody hell. Just arrived back from a trip to Manchester to see my mum and found myself locked out.

Never mind, head to the tackle shop and get a couple of pints of maggots in a bag. And you know what comes next. Potter around for a bit then notice a maggot on the passenger seat along with some sawdust.

All over the car and we all know what that means in the next few days and weeks...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.