Bluemoon Angling Thread

Cheers DD. Many years back went to the Post Office stretch, Tickled Trout, this was pre PAAS membership, so over 30yrs ago, there'd been torrential rain all night, think we arrived on the tide, never seen a river rise as quick and as high, totally unfishable, needless to say it was a quick about turn.
If I were you I'd start at Osbaldestone. It's got lots of fish and is a good place to learn the many moods of the Ribble and it's barbel.

Been really busy and hardly been out. Still on my quest to film an ultra-rare big perch from my local canal/river system even though I should be after the barbel now. As it was June 16th after football training I caught the last hour or so on the interconnecting river. Fished three new areas and found some fish in the last one - landed a trout and 2 perch (under a pound) but also got another "lead" on film from another angler who has had a big perch from one of the spots.

I've got a whole spring's worth of footage now and have everything for the film but the big perch. I can't let this one go now!

With rain forecast this weekend I don't think I'll be able to resist the Ribble barbel next week though.
I used to fish the Ribble for barbel and chub on Warrington AA ticket 35+ years ago. Can't recall exactly where it was but about a mile or two upstream from the Tickled Trout. Will never forget it was about a half mile walk from the car park to the swims over styles etc. Fooked by the time you got there with all your gear :-). Happy days though.

I used to fish the Ribble for barbel and chub on Warrington AA ticket 35+ years ago. Can't recall exactly where it was but about a mile or two upstream from the Tickled Trout. Will never forget it was about a half mile walk from the car park to the swims over styles etc. Fooked by the time you got there with all your gear :-). Happy days though.
Most of the Ribble involves a yomp. I suspect you mean Balderstone which is now PAAS.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.