Bluemoon Angling Thread

Suppose I could always leave the rods out and nip for a pint. :-)
I feel sure I've mentioned it to you before but if you ever get a chance drive to Wadenhoe, you can fish the Nene from the garden at the King's Head. They used to serve a great pint of Marston's, think it's been taken over and steralised from what it ised to be but still a great spot

I feel sure I've mentioned it to you before but if you ever get a chance drive to Wadenhoe, you can fish the Nene from the garden at the King's Head. They used to serve a great pint of Marston's, think it's been taken over and steralised from what it ised to be but still a great spot

Still a nice spot, but not like it once was.

Back from my 48 hour session. Great social to be fair, and beautiful surroundings. Just the one fish, a 21lb 2oz mirror. A pretty expensive fish all in all. :-)

Had a 7 day fishing trip to The Severn Valley last week with a mate. Fished it hard for a week, mainly predators in the morning and barbel in the afternoon/evenings. It wasn't easy. Red hot and clear and the fish had switched off. There were lots of anglers around and everyone was reporting blanks.

In summary I had 4 barbel to 9-8, a number of perch to 1.5lb and that was it. My mate had a nice 15lb pike one dawn in the mist which was memoprable but that was literally the only pike we took all week. I had an interesting event whilst perch fishing with lob worms on the last day. Playing a small perch and it was grabbed by a big pike. I didn't fancy my chances with 6lb line and a light rod but played this pike for ages in the heavy current. As it got near the net it let go. I sighed and was whizzing this mangled perch back in along the surface when in one movement the pike shot up again, took the perch, leapt right out of the water and snapped the line all in one trouser-filling moment.

Overall it was a great week but the fishing was hard, unlike last year where we caught a load.

Had a 7 day fishing trip to The Severn Valley last week with a mate. Fished it hard for a week, mainly predators in the morning and barbel in the afternoon/evenings. It wasn't easy. Red hot and clear and the fish had switched off. There were lots of anglers around and everyone was reporting blanks.

In summary I had 4 barbel to 9-8, a number of perch to 1.5lb and that was it. My mate had a nice 15lb pike one dawn in the mist which was memoprable but that was literally the only pike we took all week. I had an interesting event whilst perch fishing with lob worms on the last day. Playing a small perch and it was grabbed by a big pike. I didn't fancy my chances with 6lb line and a light rod but played this pike for ages in the heavy current. As it got near the net it let go. I sighed and was whizzing this mangled perch back in along the surface when in one movement the pike shot up again, took the perch, leapt right out of the water and snapped the line all in one trouser-filling moment.

Overall it was a great week but the fishing was hard, unlike last year where we caught a load.

Seems a similar story everywhere. My catch rates across the piece this and last season are massively down on a few seasons ago.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.