BlueMoon VIP club

Kinky by name

Not at the moment but, sometimes, it can get a bit mental on here; hundreds of people posting the same thing over and over, fights breaking out, threads being hijacked and points being lost when (on occasions) all some members want to do is have a decent exchange about a subject with some intelligent debate without the thread breaking down into simple abuse (though I'll admit this can be an amusing spectacle now and then).

I'm suggesting a sub-forum within the main site (to which access is by invitation only or on a recommend/promotional basis) a quiet room if you wish, where the old fogeys among us can sneak off for a brandy, cigar and a chinwag while the loonies get mental on miaow-miaow and set fire to kittens.

Thoughts BMers? Or is this a non-starter Ric/mods?

S04 said:
To be honest the transfer forum is where us oldsters congregate nowadays..often at least.

Whereas I intentionally stay away from the Transfer forum. Can't be doing with the rumours and constant posting of journalism garbage. I stick to the main forum and off topic.

As a new member and intermittent poster can I just say what a horribly divisive idea this is. The whole point of a public forum is surely to read and discuss opinions from as wide a range of people as possible? What possible use is a forum where some posters are more equal than others?

It seems quite a simple matter to read the posts, judge them on their relative merits and then respond to or ignore them as the content dictates.

A forum of entirely like minded posters would surely stagnate very quickly.

Ragnarok said:
GStar said:
We already have exactly what you describe mate... its called the Mod Forum ;)

But the Mod Forum cant well be accessed by all of us can it ? ;)

Precisely.

Kinky By Name said:
I'm suggesting a sub-forum within the main site (to which access is by invitation only or on a recommend/promotional basis) a quiet room if you wish

TheLegendOfBerti said:
problem is who's to judge who is a good poster and who isn't, I mean on some issues a guy with 10,000 posts can be an idiot and on another a guy with 150 can be hilarious and brilliant, so really, I think it would be hard to judge 2bh.

I agree but you could have a Ric-appointed application panel of three, one vote each. Yes it would be seen as unfair, elitist and all the rest of that bollocks but that could be the source of some amusement too. Posters already get picked on or lauded merely on their post count so this selection would be along the lines of e.g.: Damocles: "Shall we let him/her in?"
De Niro: "No, (s)he's fuckin' mental and a pain in the arse."
GStar: "But (s)he's quite funny at times and is not a total tool."
Ric: "Okay, let 'em in. Search his/her bag."<br /><br />-- Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:45 pm --<br /><br />
GStar said:
We already have exactly what you describe mate... its called the Mod Forum ;)

I know... can you smell my desperation?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.