BlueMoon VIP club

happy said:
Kinky by name said:
... I guess you probably wouldn't want to be a member of such a forum and, as such, what is there to worry about?

Hardly a worry but inevitably if a certain percentage of the boards members Bobby off to a 'members only' area then the quality of the posts on the main board would be diluted.

they can still come back into the main bar for a jar and a game of snooker at any time.

TheLegendOfBerti said:
so basically kinky wants his mates in a seperate part of the board and wants an admissions process to join it.

I think that's called making your own forum...

Not at all. I don't have any mates (as such) on this site and I, too, would think it was piss funny if this did get up and running and I was then rejected from entering. I'm not precious. I'm better then the scum that used to get into Placemates but I've been turned away plenty of times... no harm done and I ain't going to the European court.

Kinky by name said:
happy said:
Hardly a worry but inevitably if a certain percentage of the boards members Bobby off to a 'members only' area then the quality of the posts on the main board would be diluted.

they can still come back into the main bar for a jar and a game of snooker at any time.

We would of course all be waiting with bated breath for your return, hanging on your every word for pearls of wisdom picked up in the rarified atmosphere of the Big Knobs Club.

As a kid in Abbey Hey we 'played' a game called Kings versus Snideys, the Kings (big kids) used to coral the Snideys (the small kids) against a wall and kick the ball at them until they cried.

Kinky by name said:
Not at the moment but, sometimes, it can get a bit mental on here; hundreds of people posting the same thing over and over, fights breaking out, threads being hijacked and points being lost when (on occasions) all some members want to do is have a decent exchange about a subject with some intelligent debate without the thread breaking down into simple abuse (though I'll admit this can be an amusing spectacle now and then).

I'm suggesting a sub-forum within the main site (to which access is by invitation only or on a recommend/promotional basis) a quiet room if you wish, where the old fogeys among us can sneak off for a brandy, cigar and a chinwag while the loonies get mental on miaow-miaow and set fire to kittens.

Thoughts BMers? Or is this a non-starter Ric/mods?

I think what you need is a time machine....

Kinky,kinky,kinky you know what you've done?

You've helped everyone think you want, nay NEED to be a MOD.

As for the idea I have an improvement for you.

Hows about when you start a thread anyone you have foed cannot see the thread?

Two big plusses 1) People might be nicer in general so as not to be left out 2) I can be left alone again.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.