Bluemooners. Would U let Hughes go or give him 1 more year?

Gotta give him another year or more, his signings have been solid in my opinion. Once De Jong is settled in the league I think he will become a massive player for us.

I think the problem with tactics is that he doesn't have faith in most players outside the top 14-16. I don't blame him for that and maybe this summer, we can add some real quality and build on a strong starting 11.

Failsworth_Blue said:
banbury_blue said:
I'd keep Hughes on.

Lets not forget last summer, Mark Hughes was the most wanted manager on these shores, He was reckoned to be pretty much a shoe in for Chelsea and it was only cos we moved fast enough that we were able to get him. He inherited a squad of players that he didn't like or know and so he's had to try and shape the squad the best he could until christmas (Owners money wasn't available until last day of summer window) and so he only had the Christmas window to work with, one that has always proved to be very hard to work in. And I think most people will agree that the majority of signings since then have improved the balance and look of the squad

I think that the squad will continue to look stronger throughout the summer and we will show a very marked improvement in the next season.

Only my view but tin hat on standby

Wrong - Hughes was holding out for the Chelsea job but they never offered it to him nor did they approach him

If i was ADUG i'd certainly be looking at replacing him, if we can't get anyone better then stick with him but we'll have to be turned down by a fair few managers for that to be the case

Wrong- Hughes has already explained this. He had already give Cook his word so said No when Chelsea made a move for him.

Out, as far as I'm concerned.
look at his signings, some v good but others not as great as everyone makes out;
tal ben haim-...
zabaleta, average midfielder, shit rb, bought as a rb
swp, obvious signing for a city manager with money
jo and robinho, not his signings, not much he could do with jo situation
kompany, great player, potential future captain, credit to hughes
given, again, imo fairly obvious signing,
wayne bridge, decent lb, not many better in prem
bellamy, scored a few goals, got injured, surprise surprise
n de jong, over rated, he hides from the ball, occasionally makes a good tackle, rarely passes forward, never plays a one-two, doesnt look likely to score or assist, one-paced, one footed, anything else? bought him for 17m when we could have got him for next to nothing in summer.

hughes was desperate to sign rsc, how many games has he played since jan. so with him and bellamy, 2 strikers costing 40m would have played less than ten games between them

What has Hughes done for us so far that any other average manager could not have done?

Sorry, i just cant see it. And given his resources, he will do nothing more than any average manager could achieve in the same very enviable position.

I've said it before and will again:
You will all be sorry if Jose comes cos of his style of football.
Yes we will probably win things but not as entertaining as a lot of the home games have been this season. So far we have had 39 goals in the Prem Lge alone at Coms this season ! Only our neighbours have scored more than that at home this season !!!!

Cheltblue said:
What has Hughes done for us so far that any other average manager could not have done?

Sorry, i just cant see it. And given his resources, he will do nothing more than any average manager could achieve in the same very enviable position.

I'm with you on that one. I just cannot see his 'qualities' and to all these people saying 'let him buy his team' I say bollox he's a 'manager' not a 'player recruiter' when he took the job he didnt know he'd be able to buy as many players as he wanted. He has had more money in 1 year than most managers get in 4/5years and has still not done anything worth writing home about

cyberblue said:
Cheltblue said:

I'm with you on that one. I just cannot see his 'qualities' and to all these people saying 'let him buy his team' I say bollox he's a 'manager' not a 'player recruiter' when he took the job he didnt know he'd be able to buy as many players as he wanted. He has had more money in 1 year than most managers get in 4/5years and has still not done anything worth writing home about

Bang on Cyber. To be honest, had he not been given all the funds he has, i would have been fairly happy with finishing roughly the same position as last season. But even then, i would like to have some form of proof that he has been of benefit to the club. But 130million quid later, there is nothing.

Cheltblue said:
cyberblue said:
Cheltblue said:

Bang on Cyber. To be honest, had he not been given all the funds he has, i would have been fairly happy with finishing roughly the same position as last season. But even then, i would like to have some form of proof that he has been of benefit to the club. But 130million quid later, there is nothing.

I know alot of people will look at this and think I'm one of the 'want it all now' bregade but I can assure everyone that that is not the case. However I did think that after the takeover it wouldnt have been to unreasonable to be in 8/9/10th position coming up to January. Then with signficant investment make a real push(and make) a European position which hasnt and doesnt look like happening. So I dont see how anyone can say he is the right man of the job. Wether that job is being a team that just hovers around 6/7/8th or seriously pushing for honours

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.