Bluemooners. Would U let Hughes go or give him 1 more year?

DontLookBackInAnger said:
Lord BLue said:
tom1985 said:
Granted the squad is not strong enough for jose, thats why he needs to come now to get his own players in. This guy will never win any major honours he is not tactically aware. He is not a proven manager and thats what we need if we we want to become a force. Dont let Hughes spend another penny. Well the 2 year rule clearly does not apply in Citys case just look at sven. Fuck Hughes of now before we end up with more injury prone players that he only signs because he cant control egos.

CTID

Sven doesn't disprove the "2 year" rule. Just look at his second half of the season. And the first half had quite a few lucky 1-0 wins too.

Are you also saying that Hughes hasn't made any good signings? Surely his good versus bad ratio is at least comparable to Rafas or of Fergies early years. Or of Joses time at chelsea for that matter.

I'm sick of how "crap" people claim we played 2nd half of the season last year, the facts, we will end up with a lot more points last year than this, so what does that say about this season with a stronger squad? Last year the reasons the 2nd have sucked was we lost Ned and Richards almost back to back and ended up having to play Sun at LB, Elano at RB and Ball at CB, along with the fixture list being unkind to us in the 2md half(a little like this season in reverse).

Seconded!!!

Hughes is a tactical nightmare, Id have Sven over hughes any day of the week. It must of been hard for Sven He had a contract for a year and after the fantastic start he was never approached about a new contract. And along with the injury problems we had we still had our Highest League Finish And all be it lucky as fuck we got into Europe. I think all the Hughes fans must only go to home games cause if you went and watched the car crash that is city away you would not want hughes here either. His substitutions are predictable and flat. The fans know what is coming even before hughes does. He is a joke!!!! Fuck of to Reading Hughes!!!!

badge said:
TeBe said:
You don't win fuck all by changing manager all the time, as we have all experienced. Let's gace it, if one of the shots against the woodwork had gone in against SV Hamburg, we might have qualified for the semis. Under different circumstaces Bellamy and SWP would have been fit, and Hughes would have been the man to take us to our first major final since 1981. He has strengthened the squad piece by piece, and he is carrying out a long-term improvement of the team. If he doesn't get the chance to finish his job, then sack him now. Assuming that he isn't getting sacked because the owner has faith in him long-term, I would suggest we support him fully whilst he is in the job. OK, he is ex-utd,\ but then so was Law (he was city first though), Schmikes, Kidd, several others. Let it not go unnoticed, there is no love lost between Hughes and ferguson. Hughes always supports Chelsea over utd, and I think he would relish the opportunity to score a victory over ferguson, whether it is in nicking a potential transfer target (Ribery for example), or swiping Tevez from under his red nose, or becoming the City manager who actually competes with ferguson at the highest level.

bellamy is always injured. that's one of the reasons hughes should be sacked. he paid a lot of money for a thirty year old strker that scores one goal every three games and also misses a third of the season through injury. and he also wanted to waste million on another crock, roque santa cruz. give him another summer and he'll buy michael owen to complete the set.

he also clearly has no plan b when it comes to tactics. two points from nineteen games when we go a goal down proves that.

Whereas Bojinov was a good signing eh? ;-)

Bellamy has been unlucky, as has SWP.

When have we ever had a plan B?

banbury_blue said:
I'd keep Hughes on.

Lets not forget last summer, Mark Hughes was the most wanted manager on these shores, He was reckoned to be pretty much a shoe in for Chelsea and it was only cos we moved fast enough that we were able to get him. He inherited a squad of players that he didn't like or know and so he's had to try and shape the squad the best he could until christmas (Owners money wasn't available until last day of summer window) and so he only had the Christmas window to work with, one that has always proved to be very hard to work in. And I think most people will agree that the majority of signings since then have improved the balance and look of the squad

I think that the squad will continue to look stronger throughout the summer and we will show a very marked improvement in the next season.

Only my view but tin hat on standby

Wrong - Hughes was holding out for the Chelsea job but they never offered it to him nor did they approach him

If i was ADUG i'd certainly be looking at replacing him, if we can't get anyone better then stick with him but we'll have to be turned down by a fair few managers for that to be the case

TeBe said:
badge said:
TeBe said:
You don't win fuck all by changing manager all the time, as we have all experienced. Let's gace it, if one of the shots against the woodwork had gone in against SV Hamburg, we might have qualified for the semis. Under different circumstaces Bellamy and SWP would have been fit, and Hughes would have been the man to take us to our first major final since 1981. He has strengthened the squad piece by piece, and he is carrying out a long-term improvement of the team. If he doesn't get the chance to finish his job, then sack him now. Assuming that he isn't getting sacked because the owner has faith in him long-term, I would suggest we support him fully whilst he is in the job. OK, he is ex-utd,\ but then so was Law (he was city first though), Schmikes, Kidd, several others. Let it not go unnoticed, there is no love lost between Hughes and ferguson. Hughes always supports Chelsea over utd, and I think he would relish the opportunity to score a victory over ferguson, whether it is in nicking a potential transfer target (Ribery for example), or swiping Tevez from under his red nose, or becoming the City manager who actually competes with ferguson at the highest level.

bellamy is always injured. that's one of the reasons hughes should be sacked. he paid a lot of money for a thirty year old strker that scores one goal every three games and also misses a third of the season through injury. and he also wanted to waste million on another crock, roque santa cruz. give him another summer and he'll buy michael owen to complete the set.

he also clearly has no plan b when it comes to tactics. two points from nineteen games when we go a goal down proves that.

and Bojinov wasn't unlucky?

Benjani's Shoulder said:
DontLookBackInAnger said:
Thats the key for me, we are a pretty good team as long as plan A works, if it doesn't then we are fucked and that simply seems to be Hughes style from his coaching staff, through players and tactics.

Down to the fact that we have so much shit in our squad, Hughes has come in and added some good players (and a couple of duds, much like any manager in the world) in there and needs time to be allowed to bring more.

Plan B involves having people on the bench being able to change a game

Gelson, Ched and Etuhu are not those players.

Once again: Where has chopping and changing managers got us to today? Nowhere. Having a look at him next season can't hurt.

Get some perspective people

Surely, plan B should involve changing the tactics of the play on the field, after all you can only change 3 players over 90mins and often the game is lost before you even think about making changes to the players on the field(for example away to Stoke when they went down to 10 men, stuck 9 of them behind the ball, and we continued to play with 2 DMs!!!).

skybluekings said:
TeBe said:
badge said:
TeBe said:

and Bojinov wasn't unlucky?

Thank you for making my point ;-)

TeBe said:
badge said:
TeBe said:

bellamy is NOT unlucky. he has a long history of injuries. it's like buying a car knowing that it will keep breaking down!

JM turned chelsea into a glorified version of stoke.Mind you he did succeed in one thing that was unthinkable at one time,he made them more despised than the rags ,The other candidates would have to get to grips with the PL ,not a given by any means.Over many years i have seen the damage a manager can do and i dont believe hughes is damaging the club,In the context of 30 years of being the village idiot of football then another year is a small price to pay to be taken seriously at last. Serial hughes-out posters actually KNOW that he is that he is not good enough but the rest of us without their clairvoyance have to make do with a fair and balanced view of the situation.

I'd give him at least one more year. I think he'll get it right and can change the mentality around the club to a successful one.

Our time is coming.

badge said:
TeBe said:
badge said:
TeBe said:

bellamy is NOT unlucky. he has a long history of injuries. it's like buying a car knowing that it will keep breaking down!

Erm, he also has a history of scoring goals and running centre backs ragged. On his day he is a qualiy striker. A ****, yes, but a quality striker.

In order to compete at the top of the Prem, we need 4 quality strikers. That way, we can afford for any one of them to be injured at any time. Hughes is trying to build and strngthen the squad so that we actually DO have a plan B. If you don't give a manager 2 years to make good progress, you might as well not appoint him in the first place. Short-term-ism is how we always fucked up in future. Do you think Arsenal should sack Wenger because he hasn't won a trophy for 4 years? Give the man a chance.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.