Bluemoon's Official Top 100 Films

Another thought — no Planes, Trains and Automobiles yet which is a movie I think is wildly overrated and not that funny but I know many thread denizens like.

The “Why was X missing?” posts are going to last long after number one is named. I plan to go on an especially long rant when Spinal Tap misses out.

I liked Planes etc but wouldn't my 100. Unlike albums, I'd probably struggle to compile a 100 movie list. No shortgae of films that I like but choosing 100 and putting them in order would be far too much like hard work. 20 - 40 easy enough though.

Only read a few of the books, not sure if I thought any were better than the films but it was so long ago. Fair to say the movies often strayed from the book.

I think there's just too many of them so votes could have been spread. Not my choice but I did wonder if Skyfall would make it into the 100.
They totally did and there was a lot of character and scene and plot mixes and matches between the books and the movies. My fave was always Goldfinger -- best plot idea, great villain, solid love interest, awesome car, and it has Connery who's the best Bond. I did like Skyfall too though.

The top ten is upon us

20/ Blazing Saddles: Excuse me while I whip this out!

19/ The Dark Knight: Your just a freak in a cheap suit

18/ The Wolf Of Wall Street: Risk is what keeps us young

17/ Titanic: Were sinking

16 The Last Samurai: Perfect blossom. You could spend your life looking for one, and it would not be a wasted life.

15/ The Sound Of Music: Von trAp children dont walk they march

14/ Ghost: Oh my love, my darling,I hunger for your love

13/ The Exorcist: Your mother sucks cockles in hell Karras !

12/ Rocky: Yo Adrienne

11/ The Revenant: It turn out that Jesus is a squirell

10/ Life Of Brian: Blessed are the cheesemakers

9/ Goodfellows: Funny? Funny how? How am I funny? Funny like im a clown!

8/ Saving Private Ryan: Don't shoot! Let 'em burn!

7/ Green Mile: I didn't know the sponge was supposed to be wet.

6/ The Shining: Here's Johhny !

5/ UP: You don't talk much... I like you!

4/ One Flew Over The Cuckoos Nest: Ah, Juicy Fruit...

3/ Taxi Driver: You talking to me?

2/ Gladiator: My name is gladiator!

1/ Shawshank Redemption: Remember Red, hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies.

Last edited:
The top ten is upon us all and what we do in life echoes in eternity. Here was my own Top Twenty and shame eternal shame that I did not place Papillion within it's midst.

20/ Blazing Saddles: Excuse me while I whip this out!

19/ The Dark Knight: Your just a freak in a cheap suit

18/ The Wolf Of Wall Street: Risk is what keeps us young

17/ Titanic: Were sinking

16 The Last Samurai: Perfect blossom. You could spend your life looking for one, and it would not be a wasted life.

15/ The Sound Of Music: Von trAp children dont walk they march

14/ Ghost: Oh my love, my darling,I hunger for your love

13/ The Exorcist: Your mother sucks cockles in hell Karras !

12/ Rocky: Yo Adrienne

11/ The Revenant: It turn out that Jesus is a squirell

10/ Life Of Brian: Blessed are the cheesemakers

9/ Goodfellows: Funny? Funny how? How am I funny? Funny like im a clown!

8/ Saving Private Ryan: Don't shoot! Let 'em burn!

7/ Green Mile: I didn't know the sponge was supposed to be wet.

6/ The Shining: Here's Johhny !

5/ UP: You don't talk much... I like you!

4/ One Flew Over The Cuckoos Nest: Ah, Juicy Fruit...

3/ Taxi Driver: You talking to me?

2/ Gladiator: My name is gladiator!

1/ Shawshank Redemption: Remember Red, hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies.
And I only had one of those (Goodfellas). Though Blazing Saddles was effectively the last to go on my cut list. I had a lot more comedies than most I think.

Last edited:
They totally did and there was a lot of character and scene and plot mixes and matches between the books and the movies. My fave was always Goldfinger -- best plot idea, great villain, solid love interest, awesome car, and it has Connery who's the best Bond. I did like Skyfall too though.

Connery is best Bond in my book too but Dr No was the first movie I recall going to; mind you, I slept through most of it as I was a bit young and I think my parents only took me because they couldn't get a babysitter. I actually remember them going to see From Russia With Love without me even though I was too young to be bothered. Thereafter, seeing Bond films as soon as they opened became bit of a family tradition.

You Only Live Twice is my favourite but Goldfinger, Thunderball, Diamonds are Forever and Live and Let Die are right up there. OHMSS actually has a lot going for it. Live and Let Die aside, the soundtracks on all the aforementioned movies are perhaps the most wonderful series of soundtracks. John Barry's work is just exceptional.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.