Bluemoon's Official Top 100 Films

I'm not a big Coen brothers fan (I only really like Oh Brother Where Art Thou and Inside Llewyn Davis), but yes, I'm pretty surprised there aren't more of their films in there. Maybe "Fargo" will be a surprise top 10?

Also surprised there are no Tom Crusie films in there. Some decent actions films and the tremendous "Born on the 4th July".

It's going to be an interesting 10 day countdown.

Well plenty of people disagree with you. The readers of Empire voted it the 2nd best movie of all time in 2018.
I can rest easy knowing that. Empire is a fairly MOR mag, and Star Wars has lots of devoted fans who fire the votes in when asked. Not unlike Liverpool fans on some BBC Sport survey.
It does seem a bit like some votes on here have been submitted with the aim of matching up to the expected results, like you would see in Empire?
TESB is a good film and easily the best of that trilogy, but no number of Empire readers will convince me it’s the second greatest film of all time. Although it’s all a bit of fun and a chance to compare opinions and maybe pick up some recommendations along the way.

Again, Gladiator is a decent film, but not one that I've felt the need to rewatch. I must be honest, I only put it in because it got a couple of mentions on here!

There's a chance of one or two surprises and then we'll be asking how the hell Apocalypse Now or Alien missed out on the top 100!
*cough* Citizen Kane *cough*
*cough* Vertigo *cough*

That's a bad cough. Should probably get a covid test.

Again, Gladiator is a decent film, but not one that I've felt the need to rewatch. I must be honest, I only put it in because it got a couple of mentions on here!
Nearly as much as The Sound Of Music for me, which is legion.

Whatever comes out of these gates we've a better chance of survival if we work together. Do you understand, if we stay together we survive!

Some cracking films going to miss out on the top 100, never mind top 10!

Is Rome worth one good man's life, we believed it once make us believe it again. He was a soldier of Rome honour him!

Also just like to say that I am now on Centurian level on Ryse Son Of Rome.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.