Bluemoon's Official Top 100 Films

Still havent got round to watching Its a wonderful life. Must rectify that this christmas.
I got round to watching it a few years back and was very underwhelmed by it. James Stewart is excellent of course but I believe it was a failure originally and considering people wanted sentimental feel-good movies after the war, must say something.

Hi all -- the intrepid @BlueHammer85 asked me to fill in for him this week as he's away, so you'll have to trust that I haven't monkeyed (in joke, see below) with the ratings of films 26-50.

As I'm eight hours behind you lot, I'll try to post these before I go to bed, so they'll come out early am rather than mid-afternoon UK time. Enjoy!

50. Halloween ........ 4 voters / 48 points

1602475968957.png

49. Terminator 2 ........ 5 voters / 50 points

1602475992035.png

48. Once Upon A Time In America ........ 4 voters / 51 points

1602476027155.png

47. Wizard Of Oz ........ 5 voters / 54 points

1602476060012.png

46. Seven ........ 5 voters / 55 points

1602476127649.png

I got round to watching it a few years back and was very underwhelmed by it. James Stewart is excellent of course but I believe it was a failure originally and considering people wanted sentimental feel-good movies after the war, must say something.

I kind of agree. I always thought it didn't work because of what happens to the bad guy in the end.

My far-and-away favorite Christmas movie is A Christmas Story, which came out in the mid-80s and is an absolute cult classic over here in the US -- on Xmas, one of the cable stations (TNT I think?) runs it for 24 consecutive hours, and well they should. I don't know anyone who doesn't love this film of anyone I've asked. It is mandatory family viewing in my house.

Last edited:
I kind of agree. I always thought it didn't work because of what happens to the bad guy in the end.

My far-and-away favorite Christmas movie is A Christmas Story, which came out in the mid-80s and is an absolute cult classic over here in the US -- on Xmas, one of the cable stations (TNT I think?) runs it for 24 consecutive hours, and well they should. I don't know anyone who doesn't love this film of anyone I've asked. It is mandatory family viewing in my house.
Don't think I've ever heard of that one but then the idea of a Christmas film would probably put me off. Mrs Dave will know it as she's always watching those channels.

Glad to see Halloween and Se7en in the top 50.

Once upon a Time in America, however, was ludicrously long!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.