Bluemoon's Official Top 100 Films

Another decent bunch, as they all should be as we climb higher up the 100.

I didnt have any of em personally, but have no complaints either, if I was pushed I would say Midnight cowboy is the best there and Snatch the worst.

I must say though that I am impressed so far with the lack of cgi fests in the list, just hope I havent spoken too soon!!

eLr6u0A.gif

DJ Shadow - Stem (Cops & Robbers Mix)

Editing tribute to DJ Shadow and Michael Mann.

Last edited:
The Revenant for neuf points and if your into the great outdoors it's a truly brilliant watch.

Warning: Contains a prolonged fight scene between a mountain man and a bear featuring uncensored gruesomeness. Why didn't that camera man help ?

I know people who didn’t like it.

For me the cinematography was absolutely incredible.

That bear scene was so real and the non stop action sequences where the camera never stops throughout just took my breath away at times.

Loved it.

Another decent bunch, as they all should be as we climb higher up the 100.

I didnt have any of em personally, but have no complaints either, if I was pushed I would say Midnight cowboy is the best there and Snatch the worst.

I must say though that I am impressed so far with the lack of cgi fests in the list, just hope I havent spoken too soon!!
CGI?
What do you classify LOTR as.

CGI?
What do you classify LOTR as.
I meant numerically as a proportion of films in the list, and dont get me wrong, cgi is fine, used in the right way. In fact some films are better for it, but it shouldnt be just about computer generated visuals over story and character development etc.

egClHum.jpg

"I gotta hold onto my angst.
I preserve it, because I need it.
It keeps me sharp [snap], on the edge [snap]
where I gotta be."

Last edited:
I meant numerically as a proportion of films in the list, and dont get me wrong, cgi is fine, used in the right way. In fact some films are better for it, but it shouldnt be just about computer generated visuals over story and character development etc.
I had an animated classic in my top 20, so CGI doesn’t bother me.

I know people who didn’t like it.

For me the cinematography was absolutely incredible.

That bear scene was so real and the non stop action sequences where the camera never stops throughout just took my breath away at times.

Loved it.

Agree, one of my favourite films, was great at the cinema, the mountain scenery was something else

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.