Bluemoon's Official Top 100 Films

Hi, you are doing a splendid job as stand-in. Do you know by any chance how many films did not make the top 100?

Yes, every film ever made minus those in the top 100. :)

@BlueHammer85 only gave me the list up to number 26, so tomorrow (i.e. later tonight my time) is my last day as stand-in. So I haven't seen the top 25 nor the rest of the submissions.

All I can say is only three of mine have made it in thus far (24HPP, All The President's Men and Trading Places) and I am losing hope for some of my favo(u)rites, although I think I'll still get a few more in as we move up the chart.

I think I have the top 5 clocked though I'm unclear on the order. I'm very confident I know what number 1 is.

I tend not to think of sci fi/fantasy nor horror as "great" filmmaking, so while I love the LOTR and the Star Wars franchises, they aren't in my lists, nor are many blockbusters really. I like smaller stories and character study stuff more than epics. And for great junk I far prefer comedy to horror.

Last edited:
Star Wars : some seriously wooden acting from the leads, that ridiculous wookie suit, those storm troopers mincing about all over the place, knowing that it’s Green X Man in that suit, the unfunny R2D2 and C3PO...

Last edited:

@BlueHammer85 only gave me the list up to number 26, so tomorrow (i.e. later tonight my time) is my last day as stand-in. So I haven't seen the top 25 nor the rest of the submissions.

All I can say is only three of mine have made it in thus far (24HPP, All The President's Men and Trading Places) and I am losing hope for some of my favo(u)rites, although I think I'll still get a few more in as we move up the chart.

I think I have the top 5 clocked though I'm unclear on the order. I'm very confident I know what number 1 is.

I tend not to think of sci fi/fantasy nor horror as "great" filmmaking, so while I love the LOTR and the Star Wars franchises, they aren't in my lists, nor are many blockbusters really. I like smaller stories and character study stuff more than epics. And for great junk I far prefer comedy to horror.
Your first sentence really tickled me, a very Mancunian response to my stupid question. By the way do you live near Sausalito, visited there on a tour of the West Coast many moons ago and really loved it.

Poor 5 from my point of view.
The Thing being good at the time but I have not watched again.
Watched Star Wars and Terminator at movies.
Thought both were good at the time.Years later watched both again.
Switched off both.
They haven't aged well.
LOTR and Matrix switched off.Bored senseless.

I watched 24 hour party people last night fr the first time. My god it has some cast. Always love any film Shirley Henderson was in. Lot of fun.

Poor 5 from my point of view.
The Thing being good at the time but I have not watched again.
Watched Star Wars and Terminator at movies.
Thought both were good at the time.Years later watched both again.
Switched off both.
They haven't aged well.
LOTR and Matrix switched off.Bored senseless.

ridiculous

I had three in that lot, Lotr, T1, and Star Wars, I also swapped theThing out at the last minute too regrettably and never really got into the Matrix. I only allowed myself one from any "series" and if a few people did this it may have diluted the vote for the Fellowship and Star Wars as personally I thought both would be higher.

I really enjoyed the Lotr trilogy at the cinema and thought Peter Jackson did a great job all round considering it had to appeal to kids too. The Fellowship was always my pick of the three.

I loved this version of The Thing, Kurt Russell is quite charismatic, and the films setting provides a nowhere to run feeling, and along with the "trust no one" storyline and well executed fx makes a great scifi horror. Dont really know why or what I swapped it out for, but it deserves its place no doubt.

Terminator was also a great film considering its budget would have been a lot less than the sequel. Basically a chase movie set in a future defining present it "made" a couple of the actors careers, and thats always the sign of a good film.

The original Star Wars broke a lot of ground and I would have thought it top ten here. I remember being amazed by the fx and concepts in this film at the first release even though the story is just classic good v evil. As an extremely regular cinema goer throughout the seventies this film was always very well received by audiences. Again, its votes have probably been diluted with others in the franchise for it to be so low.

The Matrix just didnt do it for me, but a lot like it and thats fine so I am not going to diss it here.

So I got five so far and I did think three or four of those would be higher, goes to show what I know lol. Still I am enjoying this thread very much and overall there is a great variety of film.

Star Wars : some seriously wooden acting from the leads, that ridiculous wookie suit, those storm troopers mincing about all over the place, knowing that it’s Green X Man in that suit, the unfunny R2D2 and C3PO...

So you like it then?

It would appear to be a generation thing...if you remember it's limited release, London and a few other big cities, and the agony of the wait until it came anywhere near my town, in my case 4 months later, the queue, the excitement, genuine excitement as you took your seat and then...bam...it hit you. Never seen anything like it before. Sure it was the old story, good v evil, sure the acting in places was wooden but bloody hell it was magnificent.

A blockbuster that as a 11 year old I lapped up.

And yes it's aged but it's still a damn fine film.

Still I am enjoying this thread very much and overall there is a great variety of film.
I have to agree. I never knew what was happened with the top 100 albums so never clicked on but so glad I looked at the first page on this thread.

Quality work by Sparky and his sidekick in San Fran.

Not as good as my Coronation Street Babes contests though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.