Bluemoon's Official Top 100 Films

Editorial comment -- as with those who voted for Stepbrothers, I feel a slight pull of my leg and suspect a WUM or ballot-stuffing getting the fucking Thing on this list, especially so high up. I would not at all be surprised if the jokers who somehow forced inclusion of these two movies were one and the same.

In fact I didn't know if those voting for it intended to select the terrible original The Thing or the even more terrible remake of The Thing to be the one included.

Anyhow, it's in here, and my God have mercy on your souls, and may you not be turned away by St. Peter for your putrid taste in films.
Are you just trying to prepare us for seeing an Ed Wood film in the top 10? ;-)

Nearly shit my pants watching The Thing but I was only about 12 so mitigating circumstances. Never really been into Horrors, just not a genre I can enjoy though Nightmare on Elm Street is one I've gone back to over the years. Now that was scary first time of watching.
Star Wars deserves to be higher because, well, it's fucking Star Wars! Haha!
Matrix and Terminator both worthy of their places.

Nearly shit my pants watching The Thing but I was only about 12 so mitigating circumstances. Never really been into Horrors, just not a genre I can enjoy though Nightmare on Elm Street is one I've gone back to over the years. Now that was scary first time of watching.
Star Wars deserves to be higher because, well, it's fucking Star Wars! Haha!
Matrix and Terminator both worthy of their places.
Elm St was the first horror i ever watched in the 80s when i was probably about 11 and i think it put me off horror films for life. It absolutely traumatised me i think. I guess thats the whole point of it but christ i was scared, couldn't have a bath for years just in case Freddy came for me.

Editorial comment -- as with those who voted for Stepbrothers, I feel a slight pull of my leg and suspect a WUM or ballot-stuffing getting the fucking Thing on this list, especially so high up. I would not at all be surprised if the jokers who somehow forced inclusion of these two movies were one and the same.

In fact I didn't know if those voting for it intended to select the terrible original The Thing or the even more terrible remake of The Thing to be the one included.

Anyhow, it's in here, and my God have mercy on your souls, and may you not be turned away by St. Peter for your putrid taste in films.

"Boo urns, Boo urns!"

IIRC, Star Wars was not released until December 1977 in the UK. I remember going to see for a friend's birthday the following March. Such an awesome experience to see it on the big screen. Like I said, like nothing that had ever come before.

Still only had it at #2 on my list though! Although my top 3 are probably interchangeable on any given day.

Reactions: OB1
IIRC, Star Wars was not released until December 1977 in the UK. I remember going to see for a friend's birthday the following March. Such an awesome experience to see it on the big screen. Like I said, like nothing that had ever come before.

Still only had it at #2 on my list though! Although my top 3 are probably interchangeable on any given day.
A New Hope was the only Star Wars film I had in my Top-20 for the reason you mentioned above, the originality and spectacle of it being the first. The other 2 films in the original trilogy will probably feature further up the list which is fair enough but I don't think they broke any new ground though they were obviously superior in special effects and visual presentation.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.