Bluemoon's Official Top 100 Films

I find horror generally dull (The Shining, if that counts, is the one I’d say I like best), cannot understand why characters wander off alone when it’s clear that they shouldn’t wander off alone, and I can’t think of a Carpenter movie that find better than passable — maybe Escape from New York, though I haven’t seen The Fog! However, I get the SFX argument, and he did marry Adrienne Barbeau, so he’s one-upped me by a large margin.

I was a big fan of horror movies back in the late 70's early 80's, which I'd count as the golden age of horror. I was fascinated by how they achieved the special effects and was a big admirer of the work of the likes of Tom Savini, Dick Smith, Rick Baker and Rob Bottin. Bottin, whose mentor was Baker, whose mentor was Smith) was the guy responsible for the creature effects in Carpenter's The Thing.

I'm a Carpenter fan and have two of his movies in my Top 20 favourites. The Thing isn't one of them. I remember being a bit disappointed by the film on its release but it has got better with further viewings.

I voted for two of the movies in the latest batch LOTR and no prizes for guessing Star Wars was the other.

Tad surprised A New Hope isn't higher but there is another.

2 out of 70.
kgJJMbf.gif

Anyone fared any worse in their nominations so far?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.