Bluemoon's Official Top 100 Films

It's forensic depiction of the case has been widely claimed to be the influence behind

Millenium
X-files
CSI
Fallen
Seven
Bone collector
Etc.

It was apioneering filn at the time but was dismissed as overly styalised

But yes the soundtrack was very MV and 80s synphasizer wank
Hey I like a bit of synphasizer wank

Manhunter is a better film and Brian Cox a better Lector. Hopkins was chewing the scenery
Manhunter suffers from some horrendous editing towards the end. Tom Noonan’s performance was outstanding though.

I had SOTL at number 14.

Mann's direction and especially the cinematography is superb. Unfortunately it probably influenced as much as anything Miami Vice. Silence of the Lambs is a good film but made for the masses.

I wouldn't argue against Mann, who I'm a big fan of, or Cox. I also preferred Red Dragon as a book and Manhunter as a film.

However, Hopkins gave a memorable performance in Silence and I found it and the film very effective when I saw it in the cinema.

I wouldn't argue against Mann, who I'm a big fan of, or Cox. I also preferred Red Dragon as a book and Manhunter as a film.

However, Hopkins gave a memorable performance in Silence and I found it and the film very effective when I saw it in the cinema.
Absolutely agree it's a good effective film. It was a career defining performance for Hopkins but think Cox was probably closer to the source material.

Reactions: OB1

I saw it and was impressed at the whole film and his performance, a few tears later I watched it again and was bored andnunderwhelmed tbh.

As I said it's legacy is parodies and I think that killed it as anything but a bit of ott theatrics at the time lapped up enmasse

Watched it when it came out and thought it had its moments.
Rewatched it years later and didn't bother getting to the end.
Wouldn't have made my top 100 tbh.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.