Bluemoon's Official Top 100 Films

recorded this and just watched, wow! it's a proper freaky film, the flashbacks and the twin girls are terrifying

superb and twisted, loved it. Jack Nicholson at his best.

I'm going to attempt to watch the whole 100 list - so if you spot anymore @Boo or Boo-urns give us a heads up!
Are you telling me that is the first time you have watched The Shining?!
Imagine it at a really good large cinema. Immersive in the extreme.

I have been doing the same and have to admit that the only film I hadn't seen so far was 24 hour party people which I watched last week. I really enjoyed it and it was an amazing cast of uk actors who have gone on to successful careers. Quite a history lesson of Manchester music from Joy Division to the Stone Roses. Funny though, I missed seeing the Smiths. Were they in it I wonder?

ps the novel by Stephen King was a damn sight scarier.

I object strongly to this this sentence in the film description -- I think nearly any American child of the 80s would:

In the years since its release, Back to the Future has grown in esteem and is now considered to be among the greatest films of the 1980s, one of the best science-fiction films ever made, and one of the greatest films of all time.

It was great junk and of it's time and iconic, but for this movie to be above Raiders and Star Wars and ET and The Terminator -- just to name four iconic -- and much, much better -- films is really a surprise. Especially Raiders.

Hands down the worst mis-ranking on the list so far and the first one that has gotten my hackles up.

I object strongly to this this sentence in the film description -- I think nearly any American child of the 80s would:

In the years since its release, Back to the Future has grown in esteem and is now considered to be among the greatest films of the 1980s, one of the best science-fiction films ever made, and one of the greatest films of all time.

It was great junk and of it's time and iconic, but for this movie to be above Raiders and Star Wars and ET and The Terminator -- just to name four iconic -- and much, much better -- films is really a surprise. Especially Raiders.

Hands down the worst mis-ranking on the list so far and the first one that has gotten my hackles up.
Yes, yes, yes but you are famously known for your lack of sense of humour.

Lots of love,

Kev

Are you telling me that is the first time you have watched The Shining?!
Imagine it at a really good large cinema. Immersive in the extreme.

I said the same thing to my wife , must of been absolutely amazing on the big screen back in 1980. It looks so modern still, where it pans around the hotel on his pushbike is just amazing camera work, the freaky flashes, that’s the most modern looking 40+ year old film I can think off.

disagree. BTTF is a worthy top 20.

That’s why we laugh at Americans.

Disagree. BTTF is worthy of a place on any best of list - had it in my top 3 along with Raiders and Star Wars. It’s all about personal opinions though - I always think Terminator is vastly overrated.

I’ll probably be moaning when a load of gangster films finish above my top 3!

I said the same thing to my wife , must of been absolutely amazing on the big screen back in 1980. It looks so modern still, where it pans around the hotel on his pushbike is just amazing camera work, the freaky flashes, that’s the most modern looking 40+ year old film I can think off.
I saw it when first released with the book fresh in my mind. From the first scene of the Ariel shot following the car driving into the rockies I was hooked. As you say, the photography/camera work was amazing. I know I sound like an old fart but seriously, films ain’t what they used to be as any analysis of any top 100 films would show.

recorded this and just watched, wow! it's a proper freaky film, the flashbacks and the twin girls are terrifying

superb and twisted, loved it. Jack Nicholson at his best.

I'm going to attempt to watch the whole 100 list - so if you spot anymore @Boo or Boo-urns give us a heads up!
I've started doing the same. Theres 12 on the list I have not seen so far. Started the other night with Butch Cassidy.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.