Blues in Abu-Dhabi?

st.helens-mcfc said:
Millennium said:
Welcome to Abu Dhabi, You will enjoy life in the City.

Just let me know, are you alone? or coming with your family? How many are you?

If you are interested in a good residence area, than Khalidia could be a good place, especially the cornich side.

It will be initially just me, then my wife and sons in the future ... so to start with need to central, reasonable location ... but any help and advice will be very appreciated, I should be over within next 6 weeks, just waiting for attested education certificate for my residency visa and working my notice here in the UK

-- Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:06 pm --

AntiUnited said:
Dubai > abu dhabi but welcome regardless !

I have friends in Dubai, so I am sure the drive will be done regularly

if u have a young family Abu Dhbai is a nice place to live. if your single then its the shittiest place on earth. and your correct the commute from AD to Dubai is painless but watch out for the phyco drivers!!.

CC1 said:
st.helens-mcfc said:
I have been offered a job in Abu Dhabi, and as it says in the title ... I'm looking to see if there are blues living there are on this forum....

I'm looking for some help and guidance, where to live, where you meet to watch games and general things like that, so if there any of you out there please get in touch...

And thanks in advance for any advice you can give me !!!!

Loads of City fans there. I've been several times to visit friends who live there. The Meridian Sports bar shows the games and is also a 'heart of the City' bar with the blue City plaque.

Drinking is controlled so you do have to go to places such as The Meridian. There is a City shop in the Mall. You'll love it

Oh there´s an off-license used by the ex-pats as well, you´ll need a "membership" though but the ex-pat community will sort you out there.

As for most places in the Gulf it´s rather so that you can do whatever you want, in private that is.. Being say drunk in public is an offence.
Spent an afternoon drinking in an Hotel bar once without understanding that it was an un-official Gay bar..Very friendly place I thought, almost to friendly.

But just remember that you are an outsider and play it micawberwise and you´ll do just fine and might earn yourself some nice money.
Remember that once having worked there you´ll be in demand in the future as well, as companies prefer to hire people with local experience.

Cheers gus, any info is appreciated, is there an official OSC in Abu Dhabi ... and when/where do ey meet if anyone knows ... cheers

st.helens-mcfc said:
Cheers gus, any info is appreciated, is there an official OSC in Abu Dhabi ... and when/where do ey meet if anyone knows ... cheers
<a class="postlink" href="http://abudhabiblues.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://abudhabiblues.com/</a>

Used to be run by Darren Ball. Not sure if he's still doing it, but you should be able to contact him through that site.

' Google ' Abu Dhabi Blues and you can contact them via the link.

The supporters club meet and watch games at ' Bar NRG ' at Le Meridien Hotel just off the Corniche; it's pretty central....in what's called ' The Tourist Area '.

Darren Ball and Martyn Morrow run the branch - Martyn has his own company in real estate.

I was on holiday in Abu Dhabi and met Martyn a couple of times when City played QPR ( first game of the current season - NOT May ) and Liverpool at Anfield last year; Darren was on holiday. Good lad is Martyn and they have a welsh mate - think he supports Cardiff - whose name I forget who is funny as fuck and all he wants to do is s**g and drink....which he fequently does. Another good lad there is a Rag who used to play for them and now heads up the Real Madrid youth develpment in The Middle East.

If you e - mail Abu Dhabi Blues, they'll sort you out......

We have just spent the last five days in Abu Dhabi on holiday .... We stayed at Le Meridien. Near AD Mall .... the NRG bar is The Heart of the City ... Saturday also happened to be my birthday .... We rolled in to NRG about 2115 local time .... both of us wearing our City shirts .... there was one other guy wearing a City badge but the place was almost empty ... Shame really and not what we were expecting

We enjoyed the game and our stay at Le Meridien ..... AD is not like Dubai and seems much quieter place altogether but some of the development plans are amazing.

Next Saturday we will be at the City fans bar in Dubai at the Byblos for the Everton match.

cheers guys or all your info ... i've contacted abu dhabi blues now ...

All info is appreciated, its a big move, and any help is appreciated !!!!

Get yourself connected to this forum...I am known as Mentalist over there.
<a class="postlink" href="http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=116" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=116</a>

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.