Blues in east lancs

Count me in as well mate. I remember being in the old one and meeting up at some pub in Blackburn. I got pissed off with going as the main man (John Milburn) had us selling raffle tickets every week which is easier said than done in Burnley.

01282 said:
Count me in as well mate. I remember being in the old one and meeting up at some pub in Blackburn. I got pissed off with going as the main man (John Milburn) had us selling raffle tickets every week which is easier said than done in Burnley.

OK mate, have added you to the list. I don't forsee there being any weekly raffles at this branch, what was all the money for? Was that the same club where someone ran off with the money?

It most definitely was. I had to go to work and sell raffle tickets to Burnley fans to pay for a trip out for the club. The treasurer obviously had other ideas though. It was a fairly well organised club though and we even had Mike Sheron over once for a Q&A.

01282 said:
It most definitely was. I had to go to work and sell raffle tickets to Burnley fans to pay for a trip out for the club. The treasurer obviously had other ideas though. It was a fairly well organised club though and we even had Mike Sheron over once for a Q&A.

It'd definitely be good to have some people on board that have been members of other branches then we can see what worked/didn't work. Was it a well supported branch?

Update on situation - At present literally we are literally only a few potential members away from having the minimum to get the ball rolling. Thats just from on here, Im trying to get a few more interested from other forums then can go ahead with thinking of venues.

If anyone has any potential ideas please post on here.

Most of the interest is from the Accrington/Rawtenstall area, with 1 from Burnley so any suggestions are welcome. I'm not anticipating it being a large branch, certainly not initially, so we wouldn't need a huge function room I don't think. A bar is obviously the central concern.

I live in Altham West. Definitely interested in this. Give me a shout if you need any help with anything :o)

AlthamBlue said:
I live in Altham West. Definitely interested in this. Give me a shout if you need any help with anything :o)

Ok mate thanks, hoped you might be given your username! Couple more before 20 is reached, so its a case of suggesting venues now and then checking them out. Let me know if you have any ideas that'd be good for the majority from Accrington/Rawtenstall. My initial idea was the Woolpack in Helmshore as its about 5 mins drive from each.

How about Enfield Cricket Club? 5 mins from our house :o) I know the Woolpack in Helmshore. Isn't that the 1 next to the new build Apartments?

Breadsnapper said:
Will this be open to young people ie 16 year old sons? If so my lad is up for it.

He'd be more than welcome!<br /><br />-- Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:15 pm --<br /><br />
AlthamBlue said:
How about Enfield Cricket Club? 5 mins from our house :o) I know the Woolpack in Helmshore. Isn't that the 1 next to the new build Apartments?

Yes it is. Was thinking that area as its just off the dual carriageway and would be good for both the accrington and rawtenstall people.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.