Blues in east lancs

I might be years out of date but the landlord in the old house at home in rawtenstall was a big blue who showed all the games

I've sent you a pm Daryl so count me in if Bacup counts...Bacup was apparently too normal for Willy Wonka to be filmed there. Not sure the films location people went to the same place that I live in, normal isnt the way most people describe it.

Rocky1 said:
Some other ideas for location, although I think Woolpack is good for roadlinks and ideal for Rawtenstallers like me.

Rawtenstall cricket club - very smart new clubhouse with good beers - usually only open Thurs to Sun and might want to charge, this I can check. Spotted the odd rag in there sometimes too.

Shepherds Inn - just down road from Woolpack - vested interest as its my local! but good beer, live footy, amenable landlady (into football) who's always up for the underdog (now a thing of the past for us though), its free and probably butties laid on if we drink enough! Downside - its not huge, parking on road.

Thanks for those suggestions mate, I've heard good things about the clubhouse too but would be robustly against paying anything unnecessary at this stage!

-- Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:32 pm --

Didsbury Dave said:
I might be years out of date but the landlord in the old house at home in rawtenstall was a big blue who showed all the games

Think it changed hands a year or so ago (could be more) and has apparantly gone downhill, not sure though will check it out.<br /><br />-- Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:35 pm --<br /><br />
beansontoast said:
I've sent you a pm Daryl so count me in if Bacup counts...Bacup was apparently too normal for Willy Wonka to be filmed there. Not sure the films location people went to the same place that I live in, normal isnt the way most people describe it.

No it isn't. I'm not sure whether Bacup will have to go to a committee decision. Only kidding, more than welcome and I've pm'd you back. I worked in Stacksteads last year, and will be doing again next year, so I know just how 'normal' it is!

anymore news about numbers etc? of interested people I mean and not fingers or toes<br /><br />-- Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:24 pm --<br /><br />actually maybe Ballo has relatives in Bacup he has fingers on his head doesn't he?

beansontoast said:
anymore news about numbers etc? of interested people I mean and not fingers or toes

-- Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:24 pm --

actually maybe Ballo has relatives in Bacup he has fingers on his head doesn't he?

As before mate, got over 20 responses but not all of those have got in contact again since the original interest. Have created a mailing list so hoping those that haven't replied will do so this weekend. Had a few venue suggestions:

- Woolpack, Helmshore
- The Station, Helmshore
- Enfield Cricket Club, Clayton-Le-Moors
- Bay Horse, Baxenden
- Con Club, Baxenden
- The Alma, Baxenden
- Shepard's Inn, Rawtenstall
- Rawtenstall Cricket Club

I'll get in contact with these places over the next few days to see what the situation is, then make a decision for an initial meet. So if anyone has any strong reasons for/against any of these places please discuss!

I'll send an email around to sort the best days for people.

Also, a facebook page is forthcoming.

It should definitely be doable, and quite a few bluemooners have been great at recruiting new interest so thanks for that.

Im from Crawshawbooth and would like to join - the white lion in rawtenstall is a great venue to meet etc

thanks

Bigfoot said:
Im from Crawshawbooth and would like to join - the white lion in rawtenstall is a great venue to meet etc

thanks

Ok I'll add you to the list, I know the White Lion so will give it some thought. Ideally want somewhere as easy for the accrington lot as the rossendale lot but will see what the various places say that fit that criteria say.

bluemurray said:
Skashion said:
darryl28 said:
Thanks for that, nobody called martin will be allowed!
Or Amrik.

Breadsnapper and AlthamBlue live in the vicinity incidentally.

I'm callled Martin, have a normal amount of fingers n toes and live in Pendle... would love a local branch!

Ok, just pm me your email address and I'll add you to the mailing list. Expecting some news about a first meet quite soon.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.