'Bluffers guide to MCFC'

if the new fan's need a little help why not give it to them.I for one am happy with anyone who want's to support or follow our club.Do think it was done in a lighthearted way and some people need to chill.

Made me laugh. Just take it on face value for what it is, a bit of fun on the build up to Wembley (and a bit of a dig at the dark side).

It's a blatant pisstake of the rags. Not the best but it seems to have fooled a few into thinking it's serious.

GStar said:
AntonDonJuan said:
It's quite obviously a joke, and should be taken as one

I wish our official site would stop trying to be my best mate and start acting a bit more, official.
Then people would moan that they miss the video's and funny stories etc

You can't please all of the people, all of the time

Is it not an ironic attempt at highlighting the fact that there will be 40,000 daytripping 'friends of the FA' at the game thanks to their wonderful ticketing policy, who have no allegiance to City and may not have a clue who we are?

It's an attempt to kill two birds with one stone - get a few of the inevitable new fans to read the history (by making it "fun"), while placating existing fans by teasing the 'global fan' (who usually supports the rags).

Classic City - self deprecating humour.

FFS:

David Clayton said:
Of course, in the fullness of time you’ll pick ‘The Knowledge’ and become a diehard City fan just like the rest of us. Until then, we hope the above is of some use

Hopefully it is a joke!

I don't mind it. Not sure if it's a joke or just a lighthearted welcome to new fams. If it's the later I see nothing wrong with it. I think some people forget that there are supporters outside of manchester that have no good reason to support the club but have done for years and years after catching the bug. There are various reasons for adopting a club outside your home town but the most common are probably seeing a game that somehow hooks you or being impressed by a "feel good story" like a rags to riches story or the poznan or the hopes of latching onto the tail of a rising phoenix.

I think we should be as blatent as we like welcoming in fans from all over the world, especially from outside Europe. I couldn't give a toss what others think of us. City for me have always been a joke in the eyes of others yet stood for everything I loved about football. A bit like that movie Shallow Hal maybe :-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.