BM Forum Adverts

I can't view the site on my phone comfortably because of the adverts but on the PC it's doable.

I can't view the site on my phone comfortably because of the adverts but on the PC it's doable.
PS5 ads have disappeared now but it was on a tablet. What annoys me about the process is the ads are delivered based on what you have been looking at/searching for, so if you accidentally click on something you're not interested in, you then get tormented with related ads for similar products.

Are the adverts based on what we search for or what we discuss on here? I haven't wanted to buy trainers for a while and therefore haven't searched online for any but I did go onto the Adidas trainer thread yesterday and now have trainers at the top of my page. I'm not complaining - i'm wondering if I could somehow influence the ads by starting a thread on Michael Ball (the singer) for example.

Are the adverts based on what we search for or what we discuss on here? I haven't wanted to buy trainers for a while and therefore haven't searched online for any but I did go onto the Adidas trainer thread yesterday and now have trainers at the top of my page. I'm not complaining - i'm wondering if I could somehow influence the ads by starting a thread on Michael Ball (the singer) for example.
I'm getting ads for hearing aids now so maybe you're right!

Only joking.

The 'algorithm' seems to pick up what is being searched for/looked at by any device on the same IP address (i.e. connected to the same router or wifi network - probably router) but yes it can 'scrape' keywords off the pages being viewed I reckon.

Are you still getting that ad mate? I haven't seen it myself but will get the ad company to look into it if it's still happening.
No seems to have disappeared now. It seemed like the ad was appearing 7 or 8 out of every 10 refreshes of the page and then it disappeared completely. Thanks.

I get lots of ads covering the screen, can scroll past it but ultimately I have to refresh the page before it goes away. Happens on every new BM forum page and new thread

Looks like this

https://ibb.co/QKcwnzN
QKcwnzN

Last edited:
I'm repeatedly getting an ad for the film 1917 from Amazon. It fills half of the screen and I can't get rid of it. The only thing I can do is to go off the forum I'm on and go back on it again but it always returns, sometimes after a minute or so but sometimes immediately.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.