BM Forum Adverts

A while ago, @Damocles posted a long contribution about online security. In it he recommended using Brave as a browser because it doesn't track you and has a built-in adblocker, (which you can switch off, @Ric.)

I have been using it on phone and pc since. One of its features is BATs. These are Browser Attention Tokens which you earn as you browse. They have a monetary value but you can't redeem them yourself.

What you use them for is donating to website providers, gifting them money in effect. Only providers who are affiliated can benefit and Bluemoon is now signed up.

This is one way we can help fund the site.

A while ago, @Damocles posted a long contribution about online security. In it he recommended using Brave as a browser because it doesn't track you and has a built-in adblocker, (which you can switch off, @Ric.)

I have been using it on phone and pc since. One of its features is BATs. These are Browser Attention Tokens which you earn as you browse. They have a monetary value but you can't redeem them yourself.

What you use them for is donating to website providers, gifting them money in effect. Only providers who are affiliated can benefit and Bluemoon is now signed up.

As far as I can see Bluemoon needs to verify itself against Brave to receive any BATs. I am also a Damocles inspired Brave user and would like to donate. @Ric maybe you want to check out how Bluemoon can get my BATs :-)

Not something I've come across.

As far as I can see Bluemoon needs to verify itself against Brave to receive any BATs. I am also a Damocles inspired Brave user and would like to donate. @Ric maybe you want to check out how Bluemoon can get my BATs :-)
On the PC version, on the right of the search bar at the top, next to the 'Shields Up/Down' Lionhead icon, there should be a red triangle. (This triangle has a blue tick next to it when you are on a website to which you can leave a tip.) Click on that when you are browsing a Bluemoon page. It will then invite you to send a tip of your choice from your BAT account direct to Bluemoon's account.

On the PC version, on the right of the search bar at the top, next to the 'Shields Up/Down' Lionhead icon, there should be a red triangle. (This triangle has a blue tick next to it when you are on a website to which you can leave a tip.) Click on that when you are browsing a Bluemoon page. It will then invite you to send a tip of your choice from your BAT account direct to Bluemoon's account.
Thank for the hints mate. I am usually browsing on my phone but I found how to do what you describe. I only started collecting BATs today and it seems I can give to BM at September the 6th at the earliest. Will try by then to setup Brave to automatically send the BATs to BM. I presume you have succeeded in giving a tip already? When I tried I got the information that BM needs to register with Brave to be able to receive donations. Do you see the same?

Thank for the hints mate. I am usually browsing on my phone but I found how to do what you describe. I only started collecting BATs today and it seems I can give to BM at September the 6th at the earliest. Will try by then to setup Brave to automatically send the BATs to BM. I presume you have succeeded in giving a tip already? When I tried I got the information that BM needs to register with Brave to be able to receive donations. Do you see the same?
I don't get that message. I see the blue tick on the red triangle. Bluemoon is definitely registered. I have donated twice successfully, (what a creep.)

When you get that message, is it 'This creator has not yet signed up.....'?
If so, there is a 'Refresh Status' link on that alert which you can click. Maybe that'll do it.

I've just joined up to rewards and put Bluemoon on the list but it needs @Ric to do something so that he receives anything I build up.
That's really odd because, as I said above, when I click on the triangle for 'Brave Rewards' when I'm on BM, it clearly shows, "bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk Brave Verified Creator.

@Ric has to talk to Brave about this.

I'm just looking at this now and am a bit puzzled. It says:-

3 ways to fill your wallet:
• You can add funds.
• You can earn tokens from viewing ads.
• Occasionally, you'll be offered free token grants from Brave. Be sure to keep an eye out for the alert!

It doesn't say anything about collecting tokens purely from browsing? I am presuming that you have to click on the adverts (which are hidden by default) to get tokens?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.