BM Golf Comp '13: **Important Update-Vote!**

The cookie monster said:
Another demolition of a top class field by woods
Was that a cat b event jmw
Had a one two with Bradley tied second.
Four wins already,one more and another 1000 point bonus

Yhp, and that was 5 wins so that's 1,780 for Woods this week.

Another demolition of 2/3rds of the teams in the competition.

However he has to make that final step and get over that mental block that is causing him to bottle weekends in the Majors. It's all very well dominating events at courses he finds easy but he has to step up and prove he's still great, too often he's falling away in Majors. In his last 9 majors he has been to par at the weekend by the following margins:

2013 Open: +4.
2013 US Open: +10.
2013 Masters: -4.
2012 PGA: +2.
2012 Open: +3.
2012 US Open: +8.
2012 Masters: +2.
2011 PGA: MC.
2011 Open: DNP.

Leaving him a total of +25 in his last 7 majors, +29 in 6 of his last 7 majors taking out the Masters this year. That's a worrying stat for him and it's clear he plays differently in majors at the moment, especially on the weekend, compared to regular tour events which he's got the feel for again and is back to normal.

Great news..... Bernard Gallacher on the road to recovery following his recent setback.

Sad to see Lee's putt lip out in the "King of the Mountains" to go for the play-off with Thomas Bjorn.

Hope they can both gain the confidence in their game now to push on.

mindmyp's_n_q's said:
mcfc_nick said:
this seems to be going well...

It's a thankless task so If JMC does not get round to it every week that is the price we have to pay.

Keep up all your hard work JMC. Some of us appreciate it.

Is JMC still around?

homerdog said:
mindmyp's_n_q's said:
mcfc_nick said:
this seems to be going well...

It's a thankless task so If JMC does not get round to it every week that is the price we have to pay.

Is JMC still around?

I am, the spreadsheet isn't.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
homerdog said:
mindmyp's_n_q's said:

Is JMC still around?

I am, the spreadsheet isn't.

So it died and therefore I am declared the winner?

Ok folks, I've rewritten the entire spreadsheet and here is an update (somewhat).

Being pretty much 7 weeks behind I've split the updates up into 2 sections. Because we have The Playoffs tournament which co-incides with the qualifying tournament for the Race to Dubai, this update will go up to the week before the first playoff event. The next update (which I'll start after dinner) will cover the completed Playoff weeks and will be done on a week by week basis. This update contains everything from the Canadian-Wyndham so has the PGA and WGC Bridgestone points in, here's the table up till The Barclays:

1) PhuketBlue 12130 [Q]
2) mindmyp's_n_q's 11995 [Q]
3) The cookie monster 10385 [Q]
4) jerseyblue 10300 [Q]
5) MC 10145 [Q]
6) TaxiforCreaney 9590 [Q]
7) leighton 9435 [Q]
8) Wizard 9430 [Q]
9) Balti 9395 [Q]
10) angleseyblue 9155 [Q]
11) niall'sdiscoshorts 8325 [Q]
12) bluesmith 8115 [Q]
13) Carstairs 8095 [Q]
14) Garrinchas---Dog 7750 [Q]
15) mancmackem 7690 [Q]
16) BimboBob 7515 [Q]
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
17) Brisblu 7225
18) manc73 6540
19) RH 6495
20) jay_mcfc 6360
21) mcfc_nick 6275
22) newenglandblue 6165
23) JoeMercer'sWay 6035
24) simonr555 5875
25) ReturnoftheMac 5845
26) City Raider 5700
27) Rammy Blue 5635
28) sky tot 5595
29) Biggsy1 5390
30) bluestevei 5075
31) bluemonkey71 4995
32) cptaidan88 4855
33) Poynton Blue 4790
34) homerdog 4710
35) maccadon 4635
36) Tenerife Blue 4530
37) ickle~blue 4345
38) abu13 4210
39) ohfk 3605.

Before I get onto to explaining the Playoffs and Race to Dubai tournaments we have the more important matter of the BM Golf Cup Final, it was David v Goliath, Brisblu v PhuketBlue, who came out on top?

BM Golf Cup 2013
Final

Brisblu 25-10 PhuketBlue.

So congratulations to Brisblu for coming all the way through from the qualifying round to win our first tournament of the season.

Onto the playoffs, and as you can see the Top 16 qualify for the Playoffs Tournament. The format for this is a straight knockout over the 4 tournaments with a seeded draw. That means that the top seed plays the team in 16th etc. so let's remind ourselves of the seeding:

1) PhuketBlue [Q]
2) mindmyp's_n_q's [Q]
3) The cookie monster [Q]
4) jerseyblue [Q]
5) MC [Q]
6) TaxiforCreaney [Q]
7) leighton [Q]
8) Wizard [Q]
9) Balti [Q]
10) angleseyblue [Q]
11) niall'sdiscoshorts [Q]
12) bluesmith [Q]
13) Carstairs [Q]
14) Garrinchas---Dog [Q]
15) mancmackem [Q]
16) BimboBob [Q]

So the draw is as follows:

BM Playoffs 2013
Round of 16-Draw

PhuketBlue(1) v BimboBob(16).
Wizard(8) v Balti(9).
-
TaxiforCreaney(6) v niall'sdiscoshorts(11).
jerseyblue(4) v Carstairs(13).
-
The cookie monster(3) v Garrinchas---Dog(14).
MC(5) v bluesmith(12).
-
leighton(7) v angleseyblue(10).
mindmyp's_n_q's(2) v mancmackem(15).

The above 16 have automatically qualified for the new Race to Dubai Tournament. That tournament will run for the Final Series which is a series of 4 events on the European Tour. The format will be 20 teams and they will all start on 0 points. Each week like in the FedEx Cup Playoffs the lowest points scoring teams will be eliminated, in this case we will lose 5 teams each week. So the 2nd week we will have 15 teams, 3rd week 10 teams and the final tournament the final 5 will battle to secure the title. Your points will carry over to the next week if you make it through. To sort of test this out there is a qualifying tournament for the Fall Series Tournament which involves every team that didn't make it through to the Playoffs Tournament. The format will be the same as the Fall Series tournament itself, though the number of teams eliminated each week will be slightly different. So the teams involved are:

Brisblu
manc73
RH
jay_mcfc
mcfc_nick
newenglandblue
JoeMercer'sWay
simonr555
ReturnoftheMac
City Raider
Rammy Blue
sky tot
Biggsy1
bluestevei
bluemonkey71
cptaidan88
Poynton Blue
homerdog
maccadon
Tenerife Blue
ickle-blue
abu13
ohfk

Every team will start on 0. There are 23 teams and the tournament runs parallel to the FedEx Cup Playoffs so it is over 4 events. That means that in week 1 we will lose the bottom 5 teams, then the following 2 weeks we will lose 4 teams each week leaving us a final 10, of which only 4 can make it through to the Fall Series Finals.

Again apologies for such a long absence, being away working and having a broken laptop sat at home has meant a total re-write of this and an upcoming rewrite of the F1 Comp, but here's something for you anyway.

The cookie monster said:
Nice one jmw

Well done brisblu you took the cup off me :)
Thanks Cookie... much appreciated (I needed a playoff in week one as well. I know I was very lucky in fairness).
I promise you I will look after it! ;)

Well done to the top 16 "big hitters". I will watch with interest as I try and qualify for the Fall Series.

*(You have done us all proud with this JMW and it is appreciated so much personal time and administration coupled with working away and a broken lap top. Top Man).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.