BM Golf Comp '13: **Important Update-Vote!**

Want to get a top 5 finish but thats a bit hard for my team be happy with a top 10 but well done Joe your doing a top job. After last year being in with a chance of winning it I am not hitting the high standards of last year. Took a big risk at the start with my rookie I picked but thats how the cookie crumbles.

leighton said:
Want to get a top 5 finish but thats a bit hard for my team be happy with a top 10 but well done Joe your doing a top job. After last year being in with a chance of winning it I am not hitting the high standards of last year. Took a big risk at the start with my rookie I picked but thats how the cookie crumbles.

or the rookie crumbles!

cheers jmw - still can't believe i chose mcilroy knowing he'd changed his clubs

City Raider said:
leighton said:

or the rookie crumbles!

I made the same choice but just because I don't particularly like Tiger and have a fundamental belief there's something wrong in his head that will take something heroic to get over for him to win another major.

That being said if he keeps winning everything else the majors are irrelevant really, my loyalty to Sergio doesn't help me points scoring wise....

JoeMercer'sWay said:
City Raider said:
leighton said:

or the rookie crumbles!

I made the same choice but just because I don't particularly like Tiger and have a fundamental belief there's something wrong in his head that will take something heroic to get over for him to win another major.

That being said if he keeps winning everything else the majors are irrelevant really, my loyalty to Sergio doesn't help me points scoring wise....

I think he will win another major he is too good not to win another 1. Dont know if he will beat the record. Your loyality to Sergio isnt as bad as my loyality to Harrington. He has been showing bits and pieces but is coming to a end. Would love to see him concentrate on the European tour as I think he could win a few titles on the European tour now more so than ever before.

leighton said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
City Raider said:
or the rookie crumbles!

I think he will win another major he is too good not to win another 1. Dont know if he will beat the record. Your loyality to Sergio isnt as bad as my loyality to Harrington. He has been showing bits and pieces but is coming to a end. Would love to see him concentrate on the European tour as I think he could win a few titles on the European tour now more so than ever before.

Harrington got put out with the recycling months ago, just makes a joke of the Grand Slam of Golf that he's included, tis partly why it's only Cat D.

Tiger will likely win another couple but it will have to be somewhere like Augusta or Hoylake next year, somewhere he really favours because his talent is having to work so much harder to counteract his mental weaknesses, his record at weekend's in majors speaks for itself.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
leighton said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:

Harrington got put out with the recycling months ago, just makes a joke of the Grand Slam of Golf that he's included, tis partly why it's only Cat D.

Tiger will likely win another couple but it will have to be somewhere like Augusta or Hoylake next year, somewhere he really favours because his talent is having to work so much harder to counteract his mental weaknesses, his record at weekend's in majors speaks for itself.

True but he won it last year so if they asked the defending champion to come back I think its a good thing. Would rather see the 4 major winners and the defending champion all play together and no wild cards.

leighton said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
leighton said:

True but he won it last year so if they asked the defending champion to come back I think its a good thing. Would rather see the 4 major winners and the defending champion all play together and no wild cards.

Yeah but he didn't win a major last year either...he's just there because he was the only one who bothered turning up when he was major champion.

Should be the winner of the Players or FedEx Cup or something like that who should be invited instead.

Ok an intriguing couple of weeks has left us with some teams falling away at the last few hurdles, some teams making a late run up the table and the usual suspects being the usual suspects, here's your table:

1) PhuketBlue 16130
2) mindmyp's_n_q's 15605
3) jerseyblue 15295
4) The cookie monster 13445
5) Wizard 13280
6) MC 13000
7) leighton 12430
8) Balti 12130
9) angleseyblue 11970
10) bluesmith 11945
11) TaxiforCreaney 11795
12) niall'sdiscoshorts 11530
13) Carstairs 10970
14) mancmackem 10675
15) manc73 9810
16) Brisblu 9645
17) Garrinchas---Dog 9520
18) mcfc_nick 9400
19) RH 9380
20) ReturnoftheMac 8920
21) BimboBob 8715
22) newenglandblue 8510
23) City Raider 8500
24) JoeMercer'sWay 8340
25) bluestevei 8025
26) jay_mcfc 7685
27) sky tot 7460
28) homerdog 7240
29) Rammy Blue 7175
30) Poynton Blue 7140
31) bluemonkey71 6910
32) cptaidan88 6885
33) simonr555 6810
34) Biggsy1 6720
35) ickle~blue 6280
36) maccadon 6175
37) abu13 5840
38) Tenerife Blue 5730
39) ohfk 5375

So with just three weeks left till we finish up at the World Cup of Golf the long-standing three way race for the title is still firmly undecided. The battle for a Top 5, Top 10, Top 15 and Top 20 finish are still tight and the battle to avoid the wooden spoon at the bottom has also got tighter. We are halfway through the Final Series which means I owe you 2 updates, here's the table after Week 1 which was the BMW Masters:

1) mindmyp's_n_q's 1205
2) The cookie monster 835
3) jerseyblue 640
4) ReturnoftheMac 600
5) PhuketBlue 520
6) leighton 475
7) bluesmith 395
8) angleseyblue 355
9) Wizard 285
10) Garrinchas---Dog 240
11) MC 220
12) bluestevei 220
13) BimboBob 130
14) Brisblu 125
15) mancmackem 100
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
16) Carstairs 75
17) TaxiforCreaney 55
18) Balti 55
19) niall'sdiscoshorts 55
20) mcfc_nick 45

So we lost Carstairs, TfC, Balti, niall and nick at the first hurdle, leaving the top 15 to head the Shanghai for the final WGC of the season to battle for the coveted Top 10 spots:

1) jerseyblue 1405
2) mindmyp's_n_q's 1290
3) ReturnoftheMac 990
4) angleseyblue 955
5) The cookie monster 935
6) bluestevei 875
7) bluesmith 735
8) Wizard 635
9) mancmackem 540
10) leighton 525
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
11) PhuketBlue 520
12) BimboBob 515
13) MC 275
14) Garrinchas---Dog 240
15) Brisblu 210

So the favourite and our league leader fell in dramatic fashion to consign his double hopes once and for all to the scrap heap, leaving the Top 10 to head to Turkey this week, for some it looks like a struggle to make it to Dubai but you never know, there's lots of points up for grabs.

We as mentioned head to Turkey for the penultimate stage of the Final Series, with Tiger Woods the star attraction. In America the Fall Series (though not in name anymore) continues with Kuchar, Z Johnson and Simpson the stars on show.

European Tour-Turkish Airlines Open presented by the Ministry of Tourism and Culture(mouthful)-Category B.
PGA Tour-The McGladrey Classic-Category E.

Enjoy!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.