BM Golf Comp '13: **Important Update-Vote!**

happy with my debut in this comp :-)

8th, never went lower than 12th I think

and the final series trophy, yay!

Huge thanks JMW for running it,
must take an insane amount of time and effort.

you can definitely sign me up if your doing it again this year!!

and if your ever in north wales and want a game pm me.

City Raider said:
i know it's a lot of work for jmw but....are we going again?

genuinely not sure, there was so little break at the end of the last one and as arrogant as it sounds I'm not happy to do it again if guys like Scott etc. are excluded because everyone goes for Rory or Tiger, but I can't think of a good enough entry system, don't want a farce of wildcards again.

Also bluntly don't think people show enough interest week by week and discuss the week's events, I know I was sluggish on a fair few updates but equally when nobody's discussing it it's easy to occassionally forget about it or not think it's worth being prompt with the updates as it often seems like nobody's bothered.

And I'm in my final year at uni, tough few months ahead and potential for being in full time employment by the summer so time will be tight, it's only really worth doing if everyone's into it and everyone's into the golf and not just doing because they like Tiger or Rory.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
City Raider said:

genuinely not sure, there was so little break at the end of the last one and as arrogant as it sounds I'm not happy to do it again if guys like Scott etc. are excluded because everyone goes for Rory or Tiger, but I can't think of a good enough entry system, don't want a farce of wildcards again.

Also bluntly don't think people show enough interest week by week and discuss the week's events, I know I was sluggish on a fair few updates but equally when nobody's discussing it it's easy to occassionally forget about it or not think it's worth being prompt with the updates as it often seems like nobody's bothered.

And I'm in my final year at uni, tough few months ahead and potential for being in full time employment by the summer so time will be tight, it's only really worth doing if everyone's into it and everyone's into the golf and not just doing because they like Tiger or Rory.

I really appreciate the effort you put JMW.

I love the golf, but If I'm honest I got confused with all the Wild Cards, Cup competitions, etc.

Is there a way to simplify the whole thing, which could also make it the admin far easier?

Re: BM Golf Comp '13: *Post if you want 2014 Comp*

Carstairs said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
City Raider said:

I really appreciate the effort you put JMW.

I love the golf, but If I'm honest I got confused with all the Wild Cards, Cup competitions, etc.

Is there a way to simplify the whole thing, which could also make it the admin far easier?

I only did cup comps to try and keep people's interest and generate discussion as the thread was dying, just seems clear that a lot of people who sign up don't show enough interest.

I'd probably want to do a head count so I knew who was genuinely wanting to sign up for this year before committing to it.

The Competition was outstanding.
The Cup Competition gave everyone who was not a "big hitter" a chance of some kudos. (Ahem... I thank you).
The big knock out at the end did exactly the same.

Everything you did and your dedication was appreciated JMW. Sometimes with limited access to a computer replies, discussion and banter may be difficult for some posters... which you have also eluded to with your current studies and commitment this coming year.
I know that everyone on this page would like to give it another go.

If it's on..... count me in JMW

I'd be in JMW.

I think the nature of these things is that if you're doing ok, you're more likely to join in.

It would be good if there was a scoring system that doesn't require so much of your time. The irony being the more interest you get, the busier you'll be!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.