BMG v City post match thread

Stuck at Hamburg Airport.

Crew member missing.

Great!

Waiting for further information.

The performance wasn't great but it wasn't the shambles that we had become used to in Europe.

In fact we have qualified from a difficult group on Match Day 5 so I think the negative posts are a bit inappropriate. You also have to take into account the way BMG were playing. I thought they'd thrown everything at us to get the win they needed but instead they were ultra-cautious. I don't think it will make any difference as barca are going to win the group.

Onwards to Burnley. Premier League takes priority now and we can use the next round to give young players experience

I had to watch the coverage on the City Match Day Centre (not quite as bad as watching a game on Ceefax) as I was at work, with no radio, TV or internet streaming available . I also had the Matchday thread running.

Having watched back the ITV highlight this morning; firstly, Referee - WTF? I have no idea why Fernandhinio was sent off. I wonder if there were any unusual betting patterns on 2 Red cards? Secondly the Matchday thread - WTF? Anyone who didn't know it was City would have though people were commenting on Altrincham v Gainsborough Trinity in the Vanarama National League North (no offence intended to either).

I have been to away games in the old second division; I've stood on the Kippax in the pissing rain watching us get a hammering. They were shit games. I know the Premier League is a far cry from the old 4 division football league, but really? Last night we actually qualified for the knock out stage of the CL, albeit second in the group to a team arguably the best in the world. What more do you want?

Not a great performance obviously, but we've qualified with a game to spare so that's the main thing. We can focus on the league now, and rest players against Celtic.

Had a cracking time on Spike's trip, Cologne was great. Can't wait for the draw now, hopefully get another decent away day.

Not a great performance obviously, but we've qualified with a game to spare so that's the main thing. We can focus on the league now, and rest players against Celtic.

Had a cracking time on Spike's trip, Cologne was great. Can't wait for the draw now, hopefully get another decent away day.
It was a good trip,I was in the 3* hotel,which was great,brecko was poodle but you Carnt ave everthing.enjoyed cologne and would probably go back again.all in all a good trip the second I've bin on of spikes.

If that is the case then don´t bother turning up for the Celtic game because our team will have an even more laid back attitude.

thats right

we will rest players and rightly so we have nothing really to play for we are 2nd and stay 2nd win lose or draw no pressure the season is more important to the squad and winning silverware and you have to man managed them the fans may not like it but its life in the premier league

you can not play your best 11 every time and with the premier league now a even better league with 6 top draw clubs and united all fighting for top places you have to work around the cups in midweek games. 5 games in 2 weeks for most of the early season and international breaks all add up and its a thing a lot of managers from outside league don't really understand
you have to give 100% in the premier league or you get beat no easy games

its the thing we have to learn most the champions league group stage is key to the whole season you can burn out a squad in them 6 games early season. the seeding is also a big thing if your top seed then you can get a good group and only need to beat the 2nd best team and can rest players in the other 4 games. i don't see it (laid back attitude) its just understanding the manager and club and players and if silverware is won at the end of season its job done

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.