Boateng - getting to wind me up !

Weston Blue

I get fed up with players coming out with this sort of crap. The sooner we get rid the better imo. And we should hold out for a decent fee. From the BBC and sorry if already posted.

Manchester City's Boateng 'agrees Bayern Munich move'
Page last updated at 12:44 GMT, Tuesday, 14 June 2011 13:44 UK
E-mail this to a friendPrintable version Boateng has been played out of position at right-back by City Manchester City defender Jerome Boateng says he has agreed a four-year deal with Bayern Munich, pending approval from Eastlands.

The 22-year-old arrived from Hamburg in 2010 but after failing to win a regular starting place at City has repeatedly said he wants to leave.

"It's true that I have agreed a four-year deal with Bayern. Now it is up to Manchester to make it work," he said.

"At the moment they are making things a bit difficult."

After a successful 2010 World Cup in South Africa, the Germany international signed a five-year contract with City that summer, but his first season was disrupted by injury and he was limited to 24 appearances.

Boateng was also played at right-back, rather than in his favoured central defensive position, something a move to Munich would end.

"It is about the position. Bayern want me as a central defender. That is also an advantage for the national team," Boateng said.

His last game for City was on 2 March in the FA Cup fifth-round victory over Aston Villa.

"My dream is to have a starting spot within a year, hopefully at Bayern, and then I want to win the European Championship [with Germany]," Boateng added.

Also City have every right to "make things difficlut" he is under contract to us, and I assume well paid.

"At the moment they are making things a bit difficult."

Re: Boateng - getting to p**s me off

Funny, just read a post on this topic in the transfer forum by a danish blue

bluemoondays said:
bluefandk said:
It is strange how the same interview can be translated to mean to completely different things in two countries.

In Denmark its being translated in a way that makes Boateng look very respectfull towards City.

Whilst he wants his move he is basically saying that its difficult because City doesnt want him to leave.

It seems the english media are translating the same interview in a way that makes Boateng look like a bit of a twat, hopefully its the danish translation thats closest to the truth.
Not only interesting but typical of british media. I would guarantee that Danish newspapers have better understanding/interpreters for German than UK ones. His statement was probably translated for an english newspaper by a 16 year old working in the copy room who has a GCSE in German.........

If those quotes are cosha then he's digging his own grave this lad! Shame as I think he will become a real quality central defender.

If he doesn't want to be here he can get fucked though and we'll be getting a good price as well. What was it they were asking for Ribery, £80 mill?! Well that's gonna come home to roost now int it?!!

Maybe we are making things difficult? Perhaps demanding certain things before we let him go. It could be something really trivial to something major, either way if Boateng thinks we are making things difficult, and he is asked how things are developing, that's what he will say. No big deal.
I hope people don't start calling us 'Manchester' too, like they have United for years. One thing that pisses me off is when someone refers to United as 'Manchester'.

Pigeonho said:
Maybe we are making things difficult? Perhaps demanding certain things before we let him go. It could be something really trivial to something major, either way if Boateng thinks we are making things difficult, and he is asked how things are developing, that's what he will say. No big deal.
I hope people don't start calling us 'Manchester' too, like they have United for years. One thing that pisses me off is when someone refers to United as 'Manchester'.

Your spot on here, winds me up no end.

Clearly things haven't worked out for a multitude of reasons and the press will make a story out of a non story. I for one have been prepared to give the lad a fair crack as I believe him to be a very good player.
What does annoy me though is there is someone always trying to blame someone else. It didn't work out, get over it and move on, just don't air it all in public.

Every player we want to buy, the other clubs demand a higher fee.

So if Bayern are as serious as they say they are, lets hold out for a higher fee.

We're a football club, not a charity case.

Boateng is tipped to be one of the best (dont know why?)

So theres no reason to get rid just because Bayern & Boateng are clicking their fingers.

Its probably going to be our one chance to actually earn a decent fee back on a unsuccessful player for us.

So let us set the demands & not Boateng.

I'd settle for about £16million plus future incentives, i.e. appearances, goals etc.

have the whole two pages "kicker magazine" interview here in german language and he said

"It's true that I have agreed a four-year deal with Bayern. Now it is up to Manchester City to make it work. At the moment they are making things a bit difficult."

But how can Boateng just went to made a new contract with Bayern without City's permission in the first place? That means he has 2 contracts atm, if City won't let him go, can Bayern sue Boateng?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.