Boateng - getting to wind me up !

We'll be a bunch of laughing stocks if we lower our asking price and let him go for peanuts as Bayern wants!

Even before this started, I wanted him gone. He adds nothing that we don't already have, and can't play RB.

Waste of money, I'd be happy if we can sell for the price we paid.

bluethai said:
We'll be a bunch of laughing stocks if we lower our asking price and let him go for peanuts as Bayern wants!

that'll be two of us then .....

Bayern are making laughing stocks of themselves .... they think they're a a big club , yet they can't even pay £11 million for a full german international , who's only been here a year???

Would they sell him to us for that ?

Would they fuck!

And by allegedly agreeing terms with the player they're obviously hoping that he's gonna heap pressure on us to sell him cheap ........ Bayern are cheapskates!

bluethai said:
But how can Boateng just went to made a new contract with Bayern without City's permission in the first place? That means he has 2 contracts atm, if City won't let him go, can Bayern sue Boateng?

Boateng won't have actually signed anything yet , he's probably just got a verbal agreement with Bayern regarding terms ......

they can't do anything unless City agree to it ...although the player himself might yet try to 'force' the issue in one way or another!

TVI said:
This isn't a Tevez situation.

He's down the pecking order, not settled here for whatever reason (family...young babies etc) so get rid.

I think you've touched on the key reason for his wanting to leave, which is family. Boateng became the father of twins in March of this year, so I think there is a desire to be closer to family back in Germany.

The footballing reasons are also important as clearly Boateng considers himself to be a centre back only and isn't happy about playing as right back. In this German article from March, he mentions that him and Mancini had had discussions about the fact that he preferred to play only centre back.

http://translate.google.com/transla...balotelli-patrick-vieira-vater-zwillinge.html

The more recent articles highlight this point as well. The following article makes it sound like Mancini is not going to stand in the way of the transfer and the club are simply holding out for the fee they believe he is worth.

Boateng also explained that City coach Roberto Mancini will not stand between him and a move to Bayern.

"We had a good conversation. He said that he really did not want to let me go, but can understand my reasons. He does not want to put any blocks in the way, that gives me hope."

The primary roadblock to a deal between City and Bayern now is release fee. It has been reported that the Germans wish to spend around €9m, with €12m their maximum offer. Boateng is currently under contract until 2015, meaning that City is in good negotiating position.

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/soccer/news?slug=goal-manchestercitysjeromeboaten

As some have mentioned, he was a bit player this past season so if he does go, I don't think it will be a huge blow to the club. Hopefully it's sorted soon though so that the club can move to acquire suitable replacements.

He aint settled, the wench aint settled, think they've had twins while they have been here thats added abit of pressure to an already hot pot, and he was hoping for his dad to come over permanently but he is settled in Germany.

black mamba said:
bluethai said:

that'll be two of us then .....

Bayern are making laughing stocks of themselves .... they think they're a a big club , yet they can't even pay £11 million for a full german international , who's only been here a year???

Would they sell him to us for that ?

Would they fuck!

And by allegedly agreeing terms with the player they're obviously hoping that he's gonna heap pressure on us to sell him cheap ........ Bayern are cheapskates!
Agreed, this case will set out as an example for the rest of our players to follow this easy path in the near future as well.

This has been going on for a few weeks.
I read a quote he released stating that he wanted to leave City for a bigger club.
He stated that Bayern is a top six european club, whilst City isn't even close!
It was obvious even then he was angling for a move, and a good start was to wind up the home fans.
This type of tactic is used more and more these days in the hope the club will sell cheaper just to get rid.
I think the club needs to set an example at some point.
Just show the player their contract, and then sit them on the bench for the whole season.
City can afford to do this (even with Tevez). In the long run, they will save money, as players will see they will not be dictated too or messed around...

fulabeer said:

I recall that when we signed him Bayern were also after him .........

it looks like he forgot that they were , in his opinion, a top six european club at the time !

Bayern are embarrassing themselves haggling over a few million quid , when they themselves would hardly sell him for less if he was their player ......

if they think they're a big club , they should act like it!

If Boateng was good, we might consider playing hardball.

He's just not that good at this point. And with the money we get, we could really reinvest to improve the squad. Take any amount over what we paid and run, before he injures his knee again on a drink cart.

fulabeer said:
I read a quote he released stating that he wanted to leave City for a bigger club.
It was obvious even then he was angling for a move, and a good start was to wind up the home fans.
This type of tactic is used more and more these days in the hope the club will sell cheaper just to get rid.
I think the club needs to set an example at some point.
Just show the player their contract, and then sit them on the bench for the whole season.
City can afford to do this (even with Tevez). In the long run, they will save money, as players will see they will not be dictated too or messed around...

But then we may not get the best players..........sometimes we need to understand that a player may never settle and move them on (but not at a loss!!!). Top players have seen us NOT play hardball so may in fact be willing to give us go in the first place.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.