Boateng

Timmmmahhhh said:
I think he is going to the player I dislike this season.

I know he has only had a small amount of playing time so far but I just haven't warmed to him, shit passer, poor positional sense and he just offends me.

On the subject of making snap judgements, Balotelli looks like he is going to piss me off too!!
What a div you are.

Wreckless Alec said:
You should never judge a player until their second season.

I can remember being a bit dubious about the Goat at first and what a legend he became.

Haha. If you were only a bit dubious about the goat mate you were one of the positive ones. The goat got some stick that first year/2years even (myself included ashamedly). He was dog shit mind

There was a guy behind me on Row N in block 110 yesterday who kept saying how shit he thought Boateng was, he said exactly the same thing against Newcastle aswell. He wasn't great yesterday or against Newcastle but he certainly wasn't sh*t and he's going to be a good player for us i'm sure.

Why would you dislike like Boateng anyway?

smithy167 said:
Lucky Toma said:
Four games so you're much closer. Its late and annoyingly I initially wrote 'five or so' then changed it. My excuse is that the booze has turned to a headache. Bed for me.
No excuse think on in future before slaggin one of us.

So you are advocating that someone doesnt slag off a blue until all the facts are in and not be judgemental based on slender evidence?

Well in over 2000 posts last night was the very first time I have written ANYTHING remotely negative about a player (I dont expect, nor want, you to check because that would be a little stalkerish so you will have to take my word for that) and if you re-read my comments you'll plainly see I was airing reservations - hardly 'slagging' him off.

So I'd suggest you practice what you haughtily preach Smithy.

IMO my assessment was extremely measured and every comment I made was balanced with an acknowledgement that Jerome is young, adjusting to a new league, and coming back from injury. Plus several times I stated a sincere hope that my initial opinion of him proves to be wrong.

Dont take the moral high ground with me lad. The ground is slippy up there.

birchwoodgingerste said:
Timmmmahhhh said:

I know he has only had a small amount of playing time so far but I just haven't warmed to him, shit passer, poor positional sense and he just offends me.

On the subject of making snap judgements, Balotelli looks like he is going to piss me off too!!
i wish you wud piss off!
Could you both piss off and take Balo & Boat with you!

Timmmmahhhh said:

Pre-season check list:

(1) Must have a player who's going to piss me off (decide by Match 9).
(2) If (1) doesn't work, have another just in case.
(3) Must nominate a new signing to pre-judge after 20 minute cameo.
(4) Must put my feelings on an internet forum ASAP.

Boateng is quality, as is Balotelli, get a grip man..

..and while I'm on here I would like to express my admiration for Mancini's post-match interview. Good, positive thinking from the boss. Some of our supporters should take note.

i honestly thought he would be a good signing, against Blackpool he looked a liability, too slow, football was a hot potato just side passes, he looked uncomfortable.
Yesterday he showed a little more control, time will tell.

I was actually quite impressed with boateng yesterday , considering he is still geting used to the league and also for the fact that he is only 21-22 . He can tackle , he can go forward and can use both feet . We have a good player on our hands and given time he will be a good player , if he isn't one already

Imho he is never ever a full back of any kind. To big and clumsy, central defender only please. Got to give the guy enough time to settle in but to me he has no pace and is always bringing the ball back to his right side.
Not going to hang the guy out too soon so jury out on this one for me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.