Boateng

The ones that are slagging him of you will be eating your words in a few weeks he will be a star no doubt what so ever,after the first cpl of games i heard fans slagging Silva of,gone quiet now ain't they,hes a class player just gonna need a bit of time,only been back a cpl of weeks,ffs

I can understand why people have varied opinions on this guy.

Due to his size he looks slower than he actually is (similar to Ya Ya) and does seem to give away some really stupid passes. At one point today he seemed to stop when going for a 50/50 on the edge of the box against Fabregras i think. But , he is young and still getting to grips with a new country, team and league so we need to give him some time.

i expect ballo will laso need some time to adjust so hopefully people won't get on his back

Timmmmahhhh said:
I think he is going to the player I dislike this season.

I know he has only had a small amount of playing time so far but I just haven't warmed to him, shit passer, poor positional sense and he just offends me.

On the subject of making snap judgements, Balotelli looks like he is going to piss me off too!!
I hate him just as much as you. I nearly suffocated me own face off. The twat.

I agree 100% with the OP concerning Boateng.

I've kept my trap shut before now because I couldnt be arsed with everyone jumping down my throat and saying -

1/ He's young
2/ Adapting to a new league/country
3/ Coming back from injury

All of the above are not just valid but genuine reasons as to why he hasnt been producing the football that got him signed in the first place.

But the aspect of his game that concerns me is not applicable with those reasons.

His distribution is, quite frankly, absymal.

When he has the ball at his feet and he attempts to play a cross-field ball only to see it go thiry yards wide of where he meant to kick it....how does his age, fitness, pace of the Prem fit into that?

I'll give him plenty of time and I'd never boo a blue. But I have not been remotely impressed with the lad so far.

Just want to add - I would really really like to be proved wrong in time.

Lucky Toma said:

I've kept my trap shut before now because I couldnt be arsed with everyone jumping down my throat and saying -

1/ He's young

All of the above are not just valid but genuine reasons as to why he hasnt been producing the football that got him signed in the first place.

But the aspect of his game that concerns me is not applicable with those reasons.

When he has the ball at his feet and he attempts to play a cross-field ball only to see it go thiry yards wide of where he meant to kick it....how does his age, fitness, pace of the Prem fit into that?

I'll give him plenty of time and I'd never boo a blue. But I have not been remotely impressed with the lad so far.

how old is he? I thought he was mid 20's for some reason.

Lucky Toma said:

1/ He's young

Give the lad time to settle in the prem and you will be proved wrong, the kid has only just got in the team and your on him, some on here are a joke.

He's just turned 22 mate. For a defender he's got years ahead of him where he will improve on so many aspects of his game. But what worries me at this point is that some of his noticable weaknesses seem to be on the technical side. Areas of his game that I was led to believe that he was superb at.

I believe - at this point (I stress this bit) - that he's been vastly over-hyped by blues who have not seen a great deal of him before he came to the club.

Smithy, I am not 'on' him. I am making an initial assessment of a City player after seeing him now for ten or so games. On an internet forum, not screaming abuse at him from the stands.
And I am perfectly willing - and hopeful - of changing that assessment as the season goes on.

Lucky Toma said:
He's just turned 22 mate. For a defender he's got years ahead of him where he will improve on so many aspects of his game. But what worries me at this point is that some of his noticable weaknesses seem to be on the technical side. Areas of his game that I was led to believe that he was superb at.

I believe - at this point (I stress this bit) - that he's been vastly over-hyped by blues who have not seen a great deal of him before he came to the club.
The kid has just come over from Germany, the world cup showed us how good he is, he needs to settle, i can see that anyway.<br /><br />-- Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:30 am --<br /><br />
Lucky Toma said:

Smithy, I am not 'on' him. I am making an initial assessment of a City player after seeing him now for ten or so games. On an internet forum, not screaming abuse at him from the stands.
And I am perfectly willing - and hopeful - of changing that assessment as the season goes on.
He aint played anywhere near ten or so games, you on a wind up?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.