Bobb injured in training | Fractured leg confirmed (p 5)

I’m a little confused as to how a fit 20 year old athlete can break a leg without contact and it not be a “horror” break from catching studs in the ground etc, but hope for the best.

I am sure a few on here would be more than happy to provide support physically, as well, Oscar, if that would be helpful...

I’ll tell the club doctors you’ve volunteered to donate your ankle bones.

Thank you for your service, please sign here, here and here and someone will be along to harvest your bones in the next 3 working days.

Any break in the cortex of a bone is a fracture. HC professionals wouldn’t use the term break unless talking to a patient maybe.
When my son broke is ankle this is exactly how it was described to me. If the bones is pulled out of position it’s referred to as displaced or an avuncular fracture (at least in the US). I was also told that teenagers often have such strong ligaments their bones tend to break before their ligaments tear.

Stress fractures are different and can be a total pain to heal.

On the plus side he’s young which will help so much with the healing. I’m gutted for him regardless but I definitely feel like he’ll come back stronger than ever.

A fractured leg and it wasnt from a tackle. I be thinking what will happen in the future and if Bobb might have injuries like this going forward. Hopefully it's a one off. Might give McAtee a look for this weekend or they could dip into the transfer market we seem good for numbers out wide Bobb would of been maybe in the Alvarez role this season will there need to be a replacement now needed

I’m a little confused as to how a fit 20 year old athlete can break a leg without contact and it not be a “horror” break from catching studs in the ground etc, but hope for the best.
You must not have teenagers! JK. But he could have had a bad fall or landed badly on the jump. That’s what I’ve seen with kids my son’s age.

Seriously though, I said in another post I was told younger people often have such strong ligaments their bone breaks before the ligament tears.

I'm not saying this is the case whatsoever, but it would make sense for the club to brief that it was non-contact even if it wasn't. It could be the most innocuous contact ever, not even a tackle, but if you put it out there, the worst corners of the fanbase online won't let it go. Especially if it's a player they already dislike.

Again - not saying that's the case here.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.