Bobb injured in training | Fractured leg confirmed (p 5)

Just so everyone knows it can be a fractured fibula and ankle injury, there's a structure in between the 2 leg bones called the syndesmosis. At a guess the damage is in that region.

Hopefully not as bad as first feared.

He's young, hopefully he recovers quickly and has plenty of support around him.

I’ll tell the club doctors you’ve volunteered to donate your ankle bones.

Thank you for your service, please sign here, here and here and someone will be along to harvest your bones in the next 3 working days.
Wrong sort of “physically”…

A fracture is usually a crack in the bone.
A break is a clean break of the bone, but it's also called a fracture but the bone break is not always out of alignment, so it will heal quicker.
When it is out of alignment, that's a displaced fracture.
If it's in the ankle the major concern can be any ligament damage.
A bad ankle ligament sprain alone can take as long to heal as a break/fracture, as many of us who've had a bad ankle sprain will testify.
Good luck Oscar - hope to see you back before Christmas.

Into the market we must go; E-I-E-I-E-I-O!

What terrible news. Best wishes to Oscar for a full and speedy recovery. I'm already anticipating how excited we'll all be when he comes back!

Colloquially, in football at least, a 'broken leg' tends to mean either a fracture dislocation or a compound fracture. Basically, a horror injury.

A fracture is more likely to mean a smaller or cleaner break, which may even be able to heal without an operation. But that's purely semantics. It's worth waiting for more information.
Is it like compound interest?

Another thing I learned from my teenagers ankle break - sometimes surgery is actually a quicker way to heal things, not an indication of severity. For example, There are some foot area breaks that they tend to do surgery on because they take a long time to heal on their own due to blood flow in the area.

It's a huge blow for him personally and for the team.. he was definitely going to play a huge role especially early on with how in rhythm he is. Fortunately it's only ~3 months which isn't a ton in the grand scheme of things. Excited to have him back in the team later. Will be curious to see if it pushes City to sign someone or not.. any sort of ready-made replacement may just get in the way later.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.