Bobb injured in training | Fractured leg confirmed (p 5)

The team will be his greatest help in his recovery, shocking news .But he won’t be on his own there’ll be with him every step ,KDB Stones, Jack to name a few who’ve had injuries sadly it’s part of the game but we’ve got the best players the best team spirit to help him out. He’s seen them recover and there’ll help him every step of the way . Never seen team spirit like we have and now it comes into its own.

I had a leg fracture and was told it was NOT “broken,” but it WAS “cracked.”

I was also told I had “fractured” my wrist, but on the x-ray it was in two pieces, so I’d have called that “broken.”

As for my medical credentials, I drink Diet Dr Pepper, so there’s that…
Then you were technically told incorrectly for the leg, but correctly for the wrist. Cracked/broken aren't medical terms, fracture encompasses both - but I imagine patients often may just get told the bone is "broken" as that is a more well understood lay term, to avoid this fracture confusion :).

A fracture is the medical term for any break in the bone no matter the severity, and then it is categorised from there (e.g. stress fracture, comminuted fracture, compound fracture). These can be non-displaced (non-technical terms being probably "crack"/"hairline"), displaced, spiral etc.

All fall under the term fracture. If you read any X-ray report you'll never (or should never) see one reported as "broken", it will be reported as fractured.

That's a massive shame, the lad looks like a superstar in the making. I reckon this is a breakthrough season for him.

Hopefully he comes back strong and after making a full recovery.

Gutted for the lad.

Is he gonna be one of these players that doesn't get a proper chance because of age/pecking order/injury?

Hope he comes back even better.

Looks like we need to get that blankety blank chequebook and pen out.

Then you were technically told incorrectly for the leg, but correctly for the wrist. Cracked/broken aren't medical terms, fracture encompasses both - but I imagine patients often may just get told the bone is "broken" as that is a more well understood lay term, to avoid this fracture confusion :).

A fracture is the medical term for any break in the bone no matter the severity, and then it is categorised from there (e.g. stress fracture, comminuted fracture, compound fracture). These can be non-displaced (non-technical terms being probably "crack"/"hairline"), displaced, spiral etc.

All fall under the term fracture. If you read any X-ray report you'll never (or should never) see one reported as "broken", it will be reported as fractured.
You drink Dr Pepper, too!
Excellent! ;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.